Maintaining the Grade Scheme Table
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to maintain a Grade Scheme Table in ctcLink.
Audience: Registration Staff
Grade Scheme Table
A grade scheme is a grouping of grade bases, and each grade basis is made up of individual grades. There is a grade scheme assigned to each career--Academic and Continuing Education. The system matches a grade scheme to a career in order to assign grade schemes to individual classes.
Edits and additions to the Grading Scheme Table may have significant impacts on Financial Aid processing, official transcripts, repeat processing and academic advisement reports. Access to the page used in this QRG is limited and is assigned by the local ctcLink security administrator.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Grading Scheme Table
- The Grading Scheme Table search page displays. Use the default Find an Existing Value page to search for the desired Grading Scheme.
- Enter SetID.
- Enter Grading Scheme.
- Select Search.
- The Grading Scheme Table page displays
- To make updates to this table, insert a row by selecting the [+] icon in the upper-right corner of the page and input a new effective date for changes being made.
As per usual, adding a row makes a complete copy of the previous row. Therefore, it allows you to make changes rather than build an entirely new record. This may require adding, deleting and /or updating data--adjust your new row as needed.
The below table displays Grade Bases values and their descriptions currently being used in the system.
|PNP||Pass/ No Pass|
- In the Grade Basis section, navigate to the desired Grade Basis. The arrows will move through the individual rows one at a time.
- Once the desired Grade Basis has been located, pressing the looking glass will display a Look Up Grade Basis list.
- If necessary, select the Grade Basis that will override the existing basis and update additional fields based on local business processes.
- Update information in Grade Input section if needed. The arrows will move through the individual rows one at a time.
- Select Save in lower-left corner of page when complete.
- Process complete.