Add/Edit Rooms in DirectLine
Purpose: This user guide walks you through adding or updating rooms in a building. It is important to maintain the square footage and room use data for facilities and reporting purposes.
Audience: Facilities database administrators responsible for building and room information
- Log into your Megamation DirectLine URL.
Navigation path: Module > FAE Inventory >Room Entry
- A blank Room Entry and Distribution screen will open to Page 1.
- Select a Building from the drop-down list (2) or by searching (3).
- Select the building you want to work on from the Building ID section and click the OK button.
Page 1 Instructions
DirectLine requires a response in any green-shaded field.
- Enter "NA" in the Hallway field or select the correct Hallway from using the Search icon.
- Select "Building-Room" from the Class drop-down list.
- Enter a new room number in the Room field or search for the existing room number you want to work on.
Create the Location ID if it is currently blank. This field consists of the following characters:
- 2 characters for your assigned campus code + 3 characters for building code + 4 characters for room number + 1 character for room suffix
Example from the screen shot above = SBSBOFINA0
- Complete the fields for Dimensions, Area and Capacity.
Additional reference materials for these fields include:
- 2006 FICM manual (Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual)
- FAE Facility Coding Manual
- FEPG (Facilities Evaluation and Planning Guide)
||inside wall to inside wall (square feet)|
|Usable Area||available for use by the campus. Consists of Assignable and Nonassignable area (FICM 3.2.7)|
|Unusable Area||Any area with a wall height less than 6' 6" or unusable areas in attics or basements (FICM 3.2.8 and FAE Coding manual 2-1)|
|Seats/Capacity||if academic instruction space, enter current faculty contract maximum capacity. If vocational space, enter contracted maximum|
|HNDCP Access||Yes / No|
|Quantity||Do not use|
|On/Off Campus||automatically populates from Building record|
|Ownership Status||automatically populates from Building record|
- Now enter the room usage data into the appropriate fields.
These fields need to be entered sequentially. One field impacts the choices you have in the next field. These fields are important for the Capital Asset Model (CAM) and room usage analysis when competing for a major capital project.
Additional reference materials for these fields contained in xxxxxxx workbook.
|FAE Category||REQUIRED - Two-character field identifying the space as classroom, laboratory, vocational, etc (example: A1, A2,C1)|
|Space Use||automatically populates based on the response you made in "FAE Category"|
|Room Use||REQUIRED - identifies room more specifically based on response you made in "FAE Category" (example: Classroom, Interactive classroom)|
|NACUBO Code||REQUIRED - Three-character NACUBO code choices appear based on response you made in "FAE Category" + "Room Use"|
|CIP Code||eight-character academic CIP code is only needed for certain room categories. Leave blank or select course from drop-down list that best describes the primary use of the room|
|Functional Code||OPTIONAL - another description of how the area is used|
|Suitability Code||OPTIONAL - one-character code describes the suitability of the room for the current use|
|Matrix Code||OPTIONAL - another descriptor of the space that may be helpful for maintenance staff|
Page 2 Instructions - Optional
This page is available to record information about the department that uses the space, hazardous materials that may be used or stored in this space, and miscellaneous notes and comments.
Page 3 Instructions - Optional
This page allows for tracking characteristics such as walls, ceiling, floor, doors, windows, and other comments.
Page 4 Instructions - Optional
This page keeps track of work station, thermostat, doors, keys, architectural plans, and asset details.
NOTE: When gathering data for a major project capital request, the work station information may be required.