Copy Equipment Record (Re-tag)
Purpose: These instructions can be used when you need to re-tag an asset or if you are processing a replacement piece of equipment for another that has/will be disposed.
Audience: Any DirectLine user that maintains equipment records.
Navigation: Module/Eqp Inventory/Eqp Inventory Entry
A blank Equipment Inventory Screen will appear.
- Enter the ID number of the existing record if known, or use the magnifier to search for the piece of equipment you want.
- Click OK when you've found the record you want.
- The equipment record will populate the screen.
- Click the File dropdown.
- Click the Save As option.
- Enter the new Asset Number (State Tag number).
- Click the OK button.
- You will now see 2 equipment records. Your original record will be in the back with the new record on top. Edit the new record with correct serial number and any other data pertinent to the new piece of equipment.
- Click the Save icon and both records will updated.
You may need to dispose of the original piece of equipment. Please refer to the user guide Enter Equipment Disposal - Surplus and Approval List.
- Return to the DirectLine home screen.