9.2 Adding a Subject
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add subjects to Academic Subject Table in ctcLink
Audience: Curriculum managers
Adding a Subject
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Academic Subject Table
- The Academic Subject Table search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Subject Area.
- Select Add.
- The Academic Subject Table tab displays.
- Enter Effective Date: Enter the first date of the term for which this subject area is valid.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Short Desc.
- Enter Formal Description.
The Formal Description is what a user will view in class search under Available Subjects.
- Enter Academic Organization: Use the magnifying glass to select the Academic Organization that offers and owns courses in this subject area.
- *OPTIONAL - Check the Split Ownership box to designate multiple Academic Organization owners for this subject area. When this box is checked, the Academic Organization and Percent Owned fields become available for entry.
- Select Save.
Note: The Subject Taxonomy and Subject Workload tabs are not needed.
- Process complete.