9.2 Create Time Reporter Data
Purpose: To create time reporter data in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Time & Labor Administrators.
A time reporter is any employee or non-employee whose time is reported or generated through ctcLink Time and Labor. Employees and non-employees do not automatically participate in the Time and Labor system when added to the Human Resources database. You must enroll, as a time reporter, each person for whom time will be reported or created. When enrolling a time reporter, specify how the person will report time and how the system will process that time. You must assign the following:
A task group that identifies:
- The default time reporting templates.
- The task template.
- The task profiles for time reporting.
A workgroup that defines:
- The type of reporting (exception or positive).
- The rule program.
- The time reporting code (TRC) program.
- The default time period.
- Rounding rules.
- Day-breaker options.
- The compensatory time plan assigned to the time reporter.
In addition, you can:
- Assign a time collection device (TCD) group that identifies the TCDs that the time reporter can use.
- Assign a restriction profile ID that identifies which TCD punches are acceptable.
- Select a time reporter's time zone if it is different from the base time zone.
- Enter up to five rule elements to associate with the time reporter.
- Select a specific task profile, time reporting templates, and time period ID that take precedence over those associated with the time reporter’s default task group and workgroup.
Create Time Reporter Data
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Time and Labor > Enroll Time Reporters > Create Time Reporter Data
- The Create Time Reporters Data search page displays.
- Enter the desired information into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the appropriate EMPL RCD if employee has more than one job.
- The Create Time Reporter Data page displays.
- Use the Payable Time Start Date field to enter the start date for creating payable time for the time reporter. This date is important for time reporters in a workgroup defined for exception time reporting who will have payable time created from schedules.
- If you do not select a date, the first time you run the Time Administration process for the exception time reporter, the process creates payable time as of the Time and Labor enrollment date (the first effective date for the time reporter).
- The payable start date cannot be earlier than the date that the time reporter is enrolled in Time and Labor.
- Enter the desired information into the Payable Time Start Date field.
- The date in the Effective Date field must be the same as or after the hire date or, for non-employees, the add date.
- When you enroll a time reporter, the Time Reporting Status is Active by default.
- Time can be reported and generated for the time reporter.
- Select the Send Time to Payroll check box to integrate Time and Labor with, and send this time reporter's payable time to, a payroll system.
- Time Reporter Type identifies how the time reporter will enter time. It does not affect the assignment of schedules. For example, you can assign a punch schedule to a time reporter designated as an elapsed time reporter.
- Select a Time Reporter Type.
- Select an Elapsed Time Template if the Time Reporter Type is Elapsed, or leave blank if Punch.
- Select a Punch Time Template if the Time Reporter Type is Punch, or leave blank if Elapsed.
- The Workgroup field identifies the:
- default TRC program,
- rule program,
- holiday schedule,
- time reporting period,
- and other information that the system uses when processing reported time for the time reporter.
- Enter the desired information into Workgroup.
- Enter CTCTSKGRPN as the Taskgroup (only CTCTSKGRPN should be chosen).
- Enter the Time Zone for the employee.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to create time reporter data is now complete.
- End of procedure.