9.2 Process/Review Credit History
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to process past due balance credit history in order to age student accounts in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Process and Review Student Credit History
Navigation: Navigator > Student Financials > Collections > Credit History > Process Credit History
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab. Once a Run Control ID is saved for a given process it will be available for future use.
- Use the Select Option group box to select how to run the Credit History process. The fields to the right of this group box change, depending on the option selected.
- All IDs: All of the students or organizations in the database with outstanding charges.
- One ID: A single student or external organization.
- ID Range: A range of students or organizations.
- Last Activity Date: Those students or organizations that have had activity on their accounts since a given date.
Temp Table: Use a temp table to select your population for processing credit history.Enter the information into the fields in the Processing Options section, based on the Select Option chosen. For example, Temp Table.
- Business Unit: Institution Code.
- Aging Set: STD
- Switch ID: By Empl ID
- Temp Table ID: Institution Code.
When Temp Table is selected the Temp Table Build Options become available.
- The radio buttons under Last Activity date give you options to identify a date for the system to look for customer account activity happening on or after that date.
Alternatively, and recommended: Check the box for Population Selection
- Use the Selection tool to select PS Query.
- Look up query: CTC_SF_PDUE_CRDHIST
- Click Edit Prompts Link and enter your Business Unit.
- Optional Click Preview Selection Results to see a sample of the population limited to the first 300 rows. To see the entire population, you can run the query in query viewer.
How does CTC_SF_PDUE_CRDHIST identify your population? The query looks for those that are customers that have a past due balance. Limiting the unnecessary volume of calculating accounts that are not past due. The query also looks for individuals in the COLLECTION_SF table that now have $0 past due, except for when they have made a Collection Agreement, so long as they are paying as agreed.
When customers are in the COLLECTION_SF table that generally means we are sending them past due notices, see Process Collections.
- The Service Indicator Update check box is no longer utilized for this process.
- To use the Service indicator update you must reference a Service Indicator Set. A value of STD has been defined for you, enter an optional end user employee ID to appear as the Placed Person ID, and select Exclude Service Impact to exclude assigning/releasing service indicators for customers that have the service impact selected.
- The Back Date group box can allow for the recalculation of credit history for a prior date. If you are considering this, please contact the State Board via ticket for further instructions.
Click the Run button.
- When using the temp table: Select Credit History Job (process name SFCREHST) from the process list on the Process Scheduler Request page and click OK to run this job.
- When NOT using the temp table: Select Credit History (process name SFPCRDPS) from the process list on the Process Scheduler Request page and click OK to run this job.
- Click the Process Monitor link to ensure the process completes successfully.
- Process complete.
Check out the below past due account aging report:
Navigator > Reporting Tools > BI Publisher > Query Report Viewer