9.2 Process Collections (Put Multiple Students in Collections)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to move groups of students in or out of collections in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Financials staff
Process Collections (Put Multiple Students in Collections)
Navigation: NavBar > Student Financials > Collections > Process Collections
- Search for an existing Run Control ID or add a new value using the Add a New Valuetab. Once you have saved your first Run Control ID you just click Search and reuse it the next time.
- Enter or select the Business Unit.
- Select By Empl id as the ID Switch.
- Enter the desired information into the Reason In field.
- Enter the desired information into the Reason Out field.
- To view a report of what collection items would hypothetically be assigned to collectors, click the Report Only check box.
Note: If you hit Run with the Report Only box checked No Tables are actually updated, just a report.
- To actually insert values in the COLLECTION_SF table leave Report Only unchecked and hit Run. The Collection Process should be selected from the process list, then select OK.
- Select process monitor and view the Details link once the process is finished. You’ll find the process monitor link on the Process Collections page
- After selecting Details, next select the View Log/Trace link. This is where you will find a sfcollec_#####.PDF . This PDF has the Process instance in its name and is produced regardless of the Report Only box being checked.
The PDF provides information on ID’s going into Collections as initiated or having their collection record closed.
- Process Complete.
The configuration criteria that controls this in/out is found on the SF Business Unit. Both the Amount and the Past Due Category must be met to enter/exit the Collections Table.
Navigation: Setup SACR > Product Related > Student Financials > SF Business Unit