9.2 Adding an Individual to the System
Purpose: Use this document to add new individuals to the system in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services Staff.
College staff should first use Search/Match to determine if the Person/Record already exists in the system before proceeding with this process. See QRG: 9.2 Search for Records (Using Search/Match).
Add an Individual to the System
Navigation: NavBar > Campus Community > Personal Information > Add/Update a Person
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- ID field defaults to NEW when the Add a New Value tab is selected. The system will generate an ID once the information has been entered and save.
- To update existing information, enter the person's ID, National ID, Last Name, or First Name. Select Include History check box and press Search.
- Select the Add button.
Use the Biographical Details page to enter an individual's First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Sex, etc.
- The Legal Definition of Sex:
The Effective Date field in the Person Information section defines the date at which the information is valid. The field defaults to the current system date, but can be modified if needed.
- Select Prefix, if disclosed by student. Choose the desired item from the drop-down menu--it is not a required field.
- Enter the person's information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Select the Birth Information link to access the Birth Information Detail page--enter the individual's birth location, country, and state (Optional).
- Use the Effective Date field in the Biographical History section to enter the date from which the marital status and gender is valid in your system.
- This field is identified with an asterisk, but it is not required in order to save.
- Select the Sex drop-down list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu--Female, Male, Not Exclusively Male or Female, Unknown as been disclosed by the student.
In the National ID section, enter or confirm the country of the individual's national ID. If the individual has more than one National ID, you can add them here. In the National ID Type field, the system displays the value that you establish or the specified country on the National ID Type Table page. You can override this default value if needed.
- Enter the desired information into the National ID Type field.
In the Contact Information section, enter the address information:
- Address Type such as Home, Business, or Mailing. The system displays Home as the default address type.
The default for the Effective Date field is the current system date. The effective date is the date when the address for the address type you selected is effective. This date is also the date when the status that you select is valid.
The Status field is set to either Active or Inactive.
When you specify the country for the address, the system displays the address entry in the format required for that country.
- Select the Edit Addresslink.
- If you are entering a foreign address for a student, you must select the foreign country first using the lookup tool and then click Edit Address to enter the address fields next.
PeopleSoft delivers foreign address formats to conform to the customary address format of the specified country. Below is a helpful crosswalk for staff to use when determining where to enter values in PeopleSoft foreign address fields.
Select the Edit Address link to edit an individual's address data.
The system validates the address by comparing it to the county, state, and city defined on the Valid Address page. You will receive an error if your address does not contain a valid county, state, and city for the selected country.
- Enter the desired information into the following:
- Address 1 field
- Address 2 field (if applicable)
- City field
- State field
- Postal field
- County field
- Select the OKbutton.
- If you are unable to save your address, confirm your address by checking the accuracy of your address. If you are still unable to save the address due to an error, select the Change Country link and choose your country. This will allow you to bypass the error before choosing OK.
- Note: When searching for England, select GBR (United Kingdom) to open the address fields.
- You will next enter phone and email information for this individual.
- In the Phone section, select the Type list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- Enter the desired information into the Phone field.
- In the Email section, select the Type list and choose the desired item from the drop down menu.
- Enter the desired information into the Email Address field.
Use the Visa/Permit Data link to enter the visa/permit data that has been disclosed by the individual.
Use the Citizenship link to enter the citizenship and/or passport data that has been disclosed by the individual.
- Select the Regional tab.
- Enter the Ethnicity information that has been disclosed by the individual.
- Additional entries can be added by selecting the [+] plus icon.
- The History section allows you to enter Military Status information. This section is not required and should only be entered if it has been disclosed by the individual.
- Select the Personal tab.
- Select the Gender Identity drop-down list to select the appropriate option if the information has been disclosed by the individual.
- Select the Sexual Orientation drop-down list to select the appropriate option of the information has been disclosed by the individual.
Why are we collecting this information?
Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- The primary purpose for collecting sexual orientation and gender identity information is to ensure inclusivity and success for all students in our system. It is imperative, and a system goal, to provide safe places for all students to be affirmed in their identity and learn in an environment free from harassment and discrimination. In addition, this data will assist local colleges in providing services and creating programs and curriculum designed to support student success within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Verify that all information has been entered on each tab. Once the information has been verified, select Save. When Save is selected, the system will generate an ID number.
- Process complete.