9.2 Update Dependent/Beneficiary
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter or edit dependent information for benefits eligible employees in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators
Dependents and HCA/Pay1
PeopleSoft stores all dependent and beneficiary information for an employee who is benefits eligible. All entry for these dependents must be first completed in Pay1, as the HCA delivered interface is the system of record for dependent information.
If Pay1 is not immediately available, dependent information can also be entered directly into PeopleSoft. However, it can be overwritten by the nightly change file that comes from Pay1 should the Pay1 entry be different than the PeopleSoft entry.
Update Dependent and Beneficiary
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Benefits > Employee/Dependent Information > Update Dependent/Beneficiary
- The Update Dependent/Beneficiary search page displays.
- Enter the information of the benefits eligible employee associated with the dependents you wish to review.
- Select the Search button.
- The Update Dependent/Beneficiaries page displays.
- The Name tab will display by default for Dependent 01.
- All Dependents will be listed under the employee.
- Navigation to the various dependents is achieved through using the arrows in the outer Dependent/Beneficiary box.
- If the Dependent had ever possessed a different name under this employee, there will be multiple rows in Name History.
- Select the Address tab.
- The Address tab will display all associated addresses for this Dependent.
- If the “Same Address as Employee” or “Same Phone as Employee” boxes are checked then the information for the employee will immediately default.
- That defaulted information will not save unless the user clicks the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- NOTE: As PeopleSoft is not the system of record for Dependent information, the user should not be saving here unless Pay1 is unavailable and causing Payroll deduction issues.
- Select the Personal Profile tab.
- The Personal Profile tab provides the relationship to the employee in more detail.
- Many of the PeopleSoft fields aren’t used due to the fact that the Pay1 entry has nothing to map to in Personal Profile.
National ID (SSN) for the Dependent is also stored in Personal Profile.
- If the SSN is not known at the time of entry, Pay1 entry must be 999-99-9999.
- If the SSN entry is all 9’s, the PeopleSoft interface will not populate any entry at all.
- PeopleSoft will only accept unique SSN, if an SSN is entered that someone else already holds, the system will generate an error.
- Any errors found in PeopleSoft must be corrected in Pay1, and the overnight change file will overlay the new information from Pay1 into PeopleSoft
- The process to update the dependent/beneficiary information is now complete.
- End of procedure.