9.2 Using AP WorkCenter
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for using the Accounts Payable WorkCenter in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable Administrator
Using AP WorkCenter
WorkCenters are a central navigational component that is designed for the end user. The goal of the WorkCenter is to help an end user become more efficient by accessing frequently used pages and pagelets.
As an end user, you can utilize WorkCenter tools such as Edit Filters to tailor the results of your WorkCenter.
The WorkCenter includes these primary tabs and pagelets:
- The Main tab contains the My Work and Links pagelets.
- The Reports/Queries tab contains the Queries and Reports/Processes pagelets.
Each pagelet contains links to transactional pages or information.
The system administrator customizes and configures the links appearing in each pagelet--My Work, Links, Queries, and Reports/Processes--of the WorkCenter.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Accounts Payable WorkCenter
- The Accounts Payable WorkCenter page Main tab displays.
- The My Work section has the following pagelet links that you may want to access frequently. It includes links divided into these collapsible sections;
- Voucher Exceptions
- The Links section has the following pagelet links that you may want to access frequently. It includes links divided into these collapsible sections;
- After you expand each section, you may need to resize your window. You can drag the dotted handle '.........' to resize the pagelet, when needed.
- Select the arrowhead next to the word Vouchers to expand the section. This is your collapse and expand button.
- The Vouchers section consolidates links to these transactional areas:
- Vouchers Submitted for Approval
- Available Payments
- Unpaid Voucher Status
- Incomplete Vouchers
- Vouchers Rejected by Approvers
- Vouchers Ready for Posting
- Transactions Ready for Asset Management
- You can track the actionable items assigned to your user ID in this section. If you have any actionable alerts, you can select one and it will open in a new window.
- After you have completed reviewing this screen, you can select the arrowhead expand/collapse icon again to collapse it.
- If you see a transactional area listed in red with asterisks (**) and the error message listed in the window saying "**Required filter field value not defined," it means that you will need to edit your filters to add an identifier like a business unit and save the change(s). Let's demonstrate how to update your filters to remove this error.
- To edit the filters, select the Edit Filters link.
- The Edit Filters page displays where you can choose which links to filter.
- You can easily see which ones will need to be updated as they are highlighted in red.
- For this example, you will edit the filters for the Link Label contained within the Matching Group Label.
- Select the pencil icon to open a new window to configure your filters.
Note the number of Work Groups, i.e. '3 of 4' is displayed below. Use the forward and back arrows, the down arrow, or the View All link.
- You see a large list of choices to review and update. You can scroll down to see the rest of the list as well as the OK, Cancel and Apply button.
- After you have made your selections, select Apply button to save your changes.
- Select OK to close the window and return to the Edit Filters page.
- You see a message instructing you to refresh the pagelet to see your changes. Select OK.
Continue to edit filters (configure the values) until no further red** notifications. Use the arrows or View All link to scroll to review available Link Labels. Close the Edit Filters page to return to the AP WorkCenter.
- After refreshing the screen, the '**Required filter field value not defined' message disappears.
- Optional to use the Edit Filters page to make other updates to customize your results.
- Notice that some items are in blue, and others in black.
- Items displayed in blue contain information and you can access them by selecting the link.
- Items displayed in black do not contain information. Modifying the Filter Values for an item may produce results.
- Refresh the My Work pagelet by selecting the refresh icon.
- In the My Work section, select the blue link(s) to view the page in the transaction area, or work panel that you want to work on.
- In the example below, the Matching arrowhead was selected to expand and review the Matching labels;
- To Be Matched
- Match Exceptions Exist
- Match Dispute
- Manually Overridden
- By selecting the Match Exceptions Exist link, the Transaction page displays on the right.
- Select the Matching arrowhead collapse button.
Notice the Action drop down arrowhead within the Transaction page. By selecting the line item(s), you are able to process multiple vouchers utilizing the action functionality.
- Select the Voucher Exceptions button to display the list of transactions.
- The Voucher Exceptions section include links to these transactional ares:
- Recycled Vouchers
- Budget Check Errors
- By selecting the Budget Check Errors (example below) link, the Transaction page displays on the right.
- Select the Voucher Exceptions button to collapse.
Notice the blue hyperlinks available within the Transaction pages. Utilize the Refine Search Criteria to filter results and the green recycle arrow icon to refresh the page to see changes/updates.
- Select the Payments button to display the list of transactions.
- The Payments section include links to these transactional ares:
- Scheduled Payments on Hold
- Paycycle Manager
- Payments Ready for Posting
- By selecting the Payments Ready for Posting (example below) link, the Transaction page displays on the right.
- Select the Payments button to collapse.
- Use the Links pagelet to consolidate links to frequently used pages. The primary purpose of this pagelet is to minimize the number of clicks to access components and external links.
- The links that appear are determined during system setup and are categorized into these sections:
- Select the Vouchers expand button.
- The Vouchers section include links to these transactional areas:
- Regular Entry
- Voucher Maintenance
- Voucher Mass Maintenance
- Match Workbench
- Voucher Build Error Detail
- Voucher Build
- Select the Regular Entry link to display the transaction area.
- Use the Regular Entry page to find existing values or add a new value.
- Next, select the Reports/Queries main tab.
- The Reports/Queries main tab displays.
- The Queries pagelet includes links to queries that you may want to access frequently. It includes a link to Query Manager and collapsible sections:
- Vendor Query
- The Reports section includes links to these transaction pages:
- Trial Registry
- Payables Open Liability
- Supplier Liability Aging
- Supplier Balance
- Voucher Activity
- Open Liability Reconciliation
- Payment History by Bank
- The Process section includes links to these transaction pages:
- Process Monitor
- Report Manager
Depending upon your security role access, you can Personalize your AP WorkCenter pagelets. Add your own Group Query List of your favorite or frequently used Queries, see below for example: MY FAVORITE QUERIES. Or modify your view upon opening your WorkCenter by selecting Start Group Collapsed. Let's see how to do both.
- Select the Personalize icon (3 dots).
- From the drop down options, select Personalize.
- The Define User Query Links displays.
- Select the plus icon to add a new Group.
Note that some Group Pagelets have been customized for you.
- Name the new Group Label.
- Select the Display Order as needed.
- Optional to select the checkbox 'Start Group Collapsed' (upon opening AP WorkCenter, groups will display collapsed. Uncheck box to view groups uncollapsed upon starting WorkCenters).
- In the Query Definition section, add the following criteria:
- Display Order
- Query Name or use the Look up tool
- Optional to select the Plus icon to add additional row(s).
- Save the changes.
Use the Advance Lookup link to narrow down your search results.
- Upon saving the changes, a message reminding you to refresh the pagelet to see your changes displays.
- Select OK.
- Close out the window to return to the Accounts Payable WorkCenter.
- Refresh the pagelet sections to review the changes.
- Process complete.