9.2 Process Running Start
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for calculating Running Start tuition and fees through ctcLink.
Audience: Running Start Staff
Students must be Term Activated before they will appear in the Student Running Start search results.
Navigation: Navigator > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > CTC Custom > Student Running Start
- Enter the Student ID and Academic Institution.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the Term to update.
NOTE: The list may have one value or many. Choose one.
- Select the Update/View Student Groups Link found in Student Running Start Information box.
- In Student Group field enter either SRSR or SRSL.
- SRSR = Traditional Running Start students
- SRSL = Students meeting fee waiver requirements (free/reduced lunch eligible)
*Note - It may be necessary to add a row in the Academic Institution Details area so that a new Student Group can be added.
- Verify appropriate Academic Institution is listed and also enter Effective Date (for this purpose, it is the date you want the student group to be active.
- Select the OK button. (You will be returned to Student Running Start page.)
- On the Student Running Start tab, enter the High School District Code.
- Enter High School Code.
- Enter Grade Level.
- Enter Maximum Units (FTE Units are optional.)
- Select the Save button.
Depending on how individual institutions process Running Start students, this step may include the student taking their Running Start materials to the Enrollment office for processing prior to the Billing Units being completed.
- Select the Billing Units tab.
- Verify Billing Unit fields equal Maximum Units field from Student Running Start tab. For example, if student has 15 Max Units allowed but is enrolled in 16 due to Lab class, the Billing Units column should ADD up to 1.0 (possible class schedule: MATH& 254 0.01+ ENGL& 101 0.01+ CS 143 0.98=1.0). If student is within Max Units allowed, ALL enrolled Class Nbr rows should show 0.01 as this is a specific Running Start formula necessary to trigger charging of fees ONLY for state supported classes.
NOTE: Users can only adjust billing units on classes that are state funded (Fund Source 1). All other fund sources are grayed out and charged tuition as well as identified in Course Attribute Value column and Descr column. Below College Level classes are charged full tuition. Catalog Numbers 99 and below have been defined as meeting this criteria.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Staff have the ability to override billing units in cases where the student's billing units should be waived or charged differently than the standard rules. Adjust the billing units and check the Manual Override box before saving. You must flag the Manual Override box in right hand corner before clicking Save to "lock" in Billing Units you changed. If you do not lock the page, the system will undo your changes upon exiting. ***Please ensure you are in compliance with State Board guidelines before doing any override.
- Staff can review/validate students tuition and fees through View Student Account on RS Billing Units Page. Upon opening this page, it gives up to date account information. Choose the Account Details link for specific Term you desire to view. This will provide all individual Item Details. You can return to RS page by clicking Go to Running Start button in top right corner.
- Choose the Account Details link for specific Term you desire to view. This will provide all individual Item Details.
NOTE: Tuition calculation is run on a nightly basis for all students so Step 16 is ideally used only for validation at this time.
Purpose: A quarterly query to roll over student term information for District, High School and grade level.
Navigation: Navigator > Student Financials > Tuition and Fees > CTC Custom > Copy Student HS Data
The Copy Student HS Data run control ID search page displays (below.)
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Run Control ID.
- Select Add.
The Copy Student High School Data page displays (below.)
- Enter the Institution (school ID.)
- Enter the Career or select a Career from the looking glass.
- Enter the From Term or select a From Term from the looking glass.
- Enter the To Term or select a To Term from the looking glass.
- Select the Run button.
The Process Scheduler Request page displays (below.)
- Confirm the box is selected next to Copy Student HS Data.
- Select the OK button.
The Process Monitor page displays (below.)
- Select the Process Monitor button and confirm that the Run Status indicates Success and the Distribution Status is Posted.
- Process complete.