9.2 Enrolling an Employee in a Disability Plan
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling staff in a disability plan in ctcLink.
Audience: Benefits Administrators.
Enrolling an Employee in a Disability Plan
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Disability Benefits
- The Disability Benefits search page displays.
- Enter the EMPL ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Disability Benefits page will display.
- Confirm the employee is in a viable Benefit Program (if it says SB0 you will not be able to enroll them in the Benefit).
- Select the lookup (magnifying glass) next to Plan Type at the top of the page and choose the desired option:
- 31 LTD Optional
- 3B LTD - Basic
- Enter the desired date for Coverage Begin Date and Deduction Begin Date (typically this will be the same date, and for the first of the coverage month).
- Coverage Election = Elect.
- Election Date will default (this is the date of entry and it will populate the system date).
- Use the lookup to choose the desired Benefit Plan.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to enroll an employee in a disability plan is now complete.
- End of procedure.