9.2 Closing a Voucher
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for closing a voucher in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff.
Close vouchers when you want the remaining liability to be written off from the supplier balance and the voucher to be considered complete. For example, say you have items in dispute and you and the supplier have agreed that you will not make a payment on these items. Close the voucher to credit the expense accounts and debit the liability accounts for the portion of the voucher that remains unpaid.
To close a voucher, the voucher must be:
- Not selected for payment
- Not fully paid
Closing a Voucher
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Close Voucher
- The Voucher Close search page displays.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter additional Search Criteria to identify your voucher.
- Select Search.
- The Close Voucher tab displays.
- Check the Mark Voucher for Closure checkbox. This indicates that this voucher is to be closed with the next posting run for this business unit.
- A message box will display; choose Yes. This will restore the encumbrance and re-open the PO. Another window will appear to restore the encumbrance; select the PO then select OK.
- Enter Comments if you wish.
- Select Save.
- After marking the voucher for closure, you must run Voucher Posting to create the accounting entries to relieve the liability.
- Process complete.