9.2 Awarding a Student Degree
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for awarding a student degree data in ctcLink.
Audience: All Staff
Navigation: NavBar > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter a student ID or look up a student by name.
- Select the Search button. If multiple results are returned, select the desired institution or student career number.
- Select the Include History button located at the bottom right of the page.
- Verify the data on the Student Program, Student Plan, and Student Sub-Plan tabs. These pages represent the degree being awarded to the student. Refer to local business practices regarding degree evaluation processes.
*Note: The *Effective Date should not be any other day than the last day of the term.
- Select the [+] plus icon, on the right side of the screen, to insert a new effective dated row.
- The Effective Date.
- Once a row is added, the Effective Date will default to today's date.
- Enter the Effective Date to match the last day of the term--
- The Effective Date should not be any other day than the last day of the term.
- Select "COMP" as the Program Action.
- If the student is term activated to future terms, you will receive a notification that states, "The student is term activated in the following future term(s)."
In the attempt to "COMP" a Student Program Plan where the student is currently enrolled in classes, a Warning will appear.
- Enter the Expected Graduation Term if the term was not previously entered when the graduation application was received. If a term exists in the field, ensure it is the correct term for which you will be awarding.
- Select the Student Degrees tab.
- Once on the Student Degrees page, you'll notice in the Student Details section the Degree Checkout Stat field.
- Degree Checkout Stat: This will display “Approved” and be grayed out. This status will display in the student's homepage.
- Completion Term: Input the term the degree is being awarded.
- Degree GPA: Input the Degree GPA if that is a part of your college's business practice.
- Degree Honors 1 and 2: Input or Look Up Honors codes if applicable.
- Select the Update Degrees button. The record will display, "The Degree records were updated successfully," and will automatically save.
- The Degree Checkout Stat field will update to "Degree Awarded."
- Further edits will require a user to revoke the degree or make updates on the Student Degree page. To revoke a degree, follow the Remove (Revoke) a Degree QRG.
- Process complete.