9.2 Maintaining the Term/Session Table
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for maintaining the Term/Session Table in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR Found Tbl Config Inq
- ZD SACR Term Config
- ZD SR Super User
- ZZ Early Alert Reviewer 2
- ZZ SACR Term Config
- ZZ Student Alert Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: Term and session dates are locally managed and can be set at any time, and should be reviewed for accuracy before each term. A significant number of processes refer back to the Term/Session Table; therefore it's critical that the data is correct.
Maintaining the Term/Session Table
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Foundation Tables > Term Setup > Term/Session Table
Please be diligent and always confirm that you are working with your institution's data.
- On the Term/Session Table search page, search for an existing term or select Add a New Value if dates have not previously been established. The Term/Session Table will display.
- On the Term/Session Table page, select the Term Table tab.
The Term Category is Regular Term and should not be changed.
- Enter the overall Term Begin Date and Ending Date.
- Enter the Academic Year. The Academic Year field must equal the calendar year during which the term takes place. This may be different than your institution's internal definition of an "academic year" or your institution's financial aid year. The value entered in this field is used for student records only (i.e. transcript calculations, SBCTC reporting) and does not impact financial aid.
- The Holiday Schedule is set in the HCM pillar. Accept the default value AHCCS.
- The Default Session Code is optional. This session automatically populates in every class scheduled for the term if entered.
- Weeks of Instruction is a required value but not used in Faculty Work Load (FWL) or FTE calculation. This field is used in FA Term build, and we recommend entering a value of 12 for every term.
- In Transcript Date Print, accept the default value Print Term Dates.
- Sixty Percent Point in Time is a required value used in FA processes.
Use Dynamic Class Dates is optional. If entered, each session built on the Session Table tab will default to dynamic dated.
- UGRD: leave unchecked
- CNED: check
Max Program Effdt for Term is the last date a student can be active in that career.
- UGRD: first date of the term
- CNED: last date of the term
Display in Self Service
- Enrollment & Shopping Cart enables students to access the enrollment component and add classes to their shopping cart for that term via Student Center. This date determines how long a student can view the schedule for their final exams.
- Student Planner enables students to plan out courses for the term. The Schedule Planner dates are controlled by the display in the self-service section of the Term/Session Table. The Student Planner gives the student access to all the courses needed to complete their program--ideal for long-term planning. S
- What-If Report Advisor enables advisors to run What-If reports for the term's requirements.
- What-If Report Prematriculated Student enables What-If reports to be run for prematriculated students for this term's requirements.
- What-If Report Student enables students to run What-If reports for the term's requirements.
- Select the Session Table tab.
Note: Sessions subdivide a term into multiple time periods in which to offer classes. The Session Table allows you to define distinct dates for these various sessions. Dates must be set for the following in each Academic Career: UGRD: 1-Regular, DYN-Dynamic, and OEE-Open Entry/Exit CNED: DYN-Dynamic and OEE-Open Entry/Exit.
- Use the Session Table tab to complete the Session Table.
- Select the applicable Session value. Select the [+] button to add additional sessions.
- The Enrollment Control Session is set at the Academic Program level; leave field blank.
- In Holiday Schedule, accept the default value AHCCS.
- Check the Dynamic Class Date box for the DYN and OEE sessions.
- Enter the session Begin Date.
- Enter the session End Date.
- In First Date to Enroll, enter the first date on which students with an appointment and staff can perform enrollment transactions for this session.
- In Last Date to Enroll field, enter the last date on which students and staff can perform enrollment transactions for this session.
- In Open Enrollment, enter the first date on which all term active students, with or without an appointment, and staff can perform enrollment transactions for this session. If your college does not offer open enrollment, enter the last date to enroll.
- Last Date for Wait List is entered for the 1-Regular session only. Enter the last date on which a student can be added to a waitlist.
- Weeks of Instruction carries over from the Term Table. Change as necessary.
Census Date is entered for the 1-Regular session only and must adhere to SBCTC census date policy.
- 10+ instructional weeks: 10th instructional day
- 9 instructional weeks: 9th instructional day
- 8 instructional weeks: 8th instructional day
- Sixty Percent Point in Time is a required value used in Financial Aid processes.
- Facility Assignment Run Date can be used in 25Live room assignment, which automatically populates to the first date of the term. Change if necessary.
Example of Regular session required dates
Example of DYN and OEE session required dates
- Select the Session Time Periods tab.
- Session Time Periods connect with enrollment security to enforce institutional deadlines for self-service enrollment transactions. Enter values for both Academic Careers and all sessions. Use the [>] button to navigate between sessions.
Time Periods: Enter each of the following. Use the [+]to add a row for each period.
- 135 End of Add: Last date on which students can add classes via Student Center (DYN and OEE dates must be the last day of the term)
- 138 Enroll with Permission: Last date on which a student can add classes with a permission number via Student Center. Note: Dynamic Dated classes are not impacted by 138.
- 145 End of Drop: Last date on which students can drop classes via Student Center
- 300 End of Term: Last date of the term
- End Date: Enter the deadline date for each time period.
Note: Enter values for BOTH Academic Careers and ALL sessions.
- When all tabs are complete, select Save.
- Process complete.
After completing the Term/Session Table, ensure the Academic Calendar dates have been entered. Refer to Maintaining the Academic Calendar QRG.