9.2 Setting Up Student Groups
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to set up student groups within ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SACR Student Grp Config
- ZZ SACR Student Grp Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Student Group Naming Convention: Student groups codes are four characters in length. They must begin with one of the following department codes. The last three characters are descriptive.
- A - Admissions
- B - Student Financials (Bursar)
- F - Financial Aid
- G - Advising
- R - Student Records
- S - Global S codes reserved for SBCTC -- Do not use
Do not use spaces or special characters in a student group code.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Student Group Table
- The Student Group Table search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Student Group.
- Select Add.
- The Student Group Table page displays.
- Enter the Effective Date. Enter the earliest date in ctcLink: 01/01/1901. Note: It is 01/01/1901 that ensures appropriate functionality when student groups are defined for requisites.
- Select Status.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Short Description.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
Users need Student Group Security access for student groups in the Student Group Table. For additional information, view the Student Group Security QRG. Contact your local Security Administrator for access.
Navigation: Main Menu> Set Up SACR> Security> Secure Student Administration> User ID> Student Group Security