Generate Dynamic Class Dates Manually
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process Dynamic Dates manually in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC CM Class Builder
- ZC CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Class Builder
- ZD CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course and Class Inquiry
- ZD CM Local Configuration
- ZZ CM Course Catalog
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Dynamic Class Data 1 Tab
The process dynamically calculates the academic calendar deadlines based on the rule attached to the primary component class sections. The process displays calculated deadlines for each landmark date. You must rerun the Dynamic Class Dates process if you change the rule that applies to a class section.
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Dynamic Dates > Class Section Dynamic Dates
- The default option is Find an Existing Value.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Term.
- Enter additional Search Criteria to identify your class.
- Select Search to view existing values.
- The Class Section Dynamic Dates search page displays.
- The Dynamic Class Data 1 page displays.
- Select the Calculate Dynamic Dates button. You can click this button as many times as necessary to have the Dynamic Class Dates feature calculate and recalculate the landmark date deadlines.
- Override checkbox: Checking the Override check box, this field becomes available for manually entering an updated deadline.
- Process complete
Class Meeting Pattern Tab
The Class Meeting Pattern page displays the start and end date of the class section. It also displays class meeting pattern details for all sections scheduled within a dynamic date or OEE session. If you have already calculated deadlines for the class section, this data enables you to determine if the calculated deadlines are appropriate. You can override the deadlines or apply a different rule to the class section.
- Holiday Schedule: Displays the Holiday Schedule for each class section.
- Pat Nbr: Pattern Number displays the sequence number of the section's class meeting pattern. The first row always indicates the class meeting pattern of the primary class component. Additional rows indicate additional class meeting patterns for a particular class section.
- Start Date and End Date: Displays the start and end dates of the class.
- Mtg Start and Mtg End: Displays the meeting start and end time of the class.
- M (Monday), T (Tuesday), W (Wednesday), T (Thursday), F (Friday), S (Saturday), and S (Sunday): Days of the week that the class meets.
- Facility ID: Indicates where the class meets.
If the Dynamic Class Dates process encounters issues calculating section deadlines, it logs and displays error messages for troubleshooting.
- Status: Displays the status of the process run.
- Message Text: Displays messages in the message log relating to the process run.
- Severity: Displays the message's severity.
- Set: Displays the message catalog set.
- Message Number: Displays the message catalog set number for this message.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Generate Dynamic Class Dates Manually. This link will open in a new tab/window.