9.2 Processing Transfer Course Credits - Manual
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing course transfer credits manually in ctcLink.
Audience: Transfer Credit Evaluator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZD SR Transfer Credit Eval
- ZZ SR Transfer Credit Eval
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Course Credits - Manual
- The Course Credits-Manual search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID.
- Enter Academic Career.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Select Add.
- The Transfer Course Entry tab displays.
- Enter information into the following sections:
Transfer Credit Model
- *Model Nbr populates by increments of 1 for each new Transfer Credit Model. For example, if you were to select the add button to enter additional course credits, the Model Nbr would increase to the next increment.
- *Transcript Level
- Enter the *Academic Program (a required field)
- Credit Source Type--Defaults to Manual. If transfer credits were previously posted to the student's record, you will need to add a row, and the Credit Source Type will default to Manual.
- Manually enter the name of the Source Institution.
- Enter the School Type.
Transfer Credit Term
- Search for or enter Articulation Term--the term for which the transfer credit applies.
- Enter the Year in which the incoming course was taken.
- Enter the Ext Term for the course for each external course entered.
- Enter the Subject for the incoming course.
- Enter the Course Nbr for the incoming course.
- Enter the Description for the incoming course.
- Enter the Units Taken for the incoming course.
- Enter the grade received for the incoming course in the Grade Input field.
- Select the Course ID equivalent to the incoming course from you course catalog.
- The Offer Nbr defaults to the definition of your course in your catalog.
- Units Transferred from the incoming course populates.
- Grade Scheme populates.
- Enter Official Grade. Grade is included on the cumulative GPA if the Include in GPA check box is selected. Selecting the Include in GPA checkbox will display all classes transferred to a student's record and not the summary of transfer credit.
- Based on your college's business process, enter a Repeat Code.
- Enter Designation to select a requirement designation for the class enrollment.
- Transfer Credit Model
- Once information has been entered on the Transfer Course Entry page, Select the Course Credits by Term tab.
The Include in FA WI Stats checkbox is selected by default for all accepted courses.
- The Course Credits by Term tab displays.
- Select Calculate.
- Select Post.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.