Processing Term Withdrawals
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to process withdrawals in ctcLink.
Audience: Registration staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD SR Super User
- ZD SR Term Activation
- ZD SR Withdraw
- ZZ SR Term Activation
- ZZ SR Withdraw
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Use the QCS_SR_WITHDRAWN query to identify students who have dropped all courses for the term.
Term Withdrawal functionality simplifies completely withdrawing students after the 10th day of a term. Throughout a term, it can be used to process withdrawals of students for all sessions. OEE enrollments must be dropped using Quick Enroll or Enrollment Request prior to processing a Term Withdrawal. Users will get an error on the Term Withdrawal processing page if students are still enrolled in OEE courses.
- The term withdraw function updates FA Term to indicate when a student is no longer attending.
- The function is also integrated into NSC reporting. If you do not term withdraw students, you will receive errors on your NSC report.
- Students who have dropped some but not all their classes within a term are not included.
Processing Term Withdrawals
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Student Term Information > Term History
- The Term History search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Select Search.
- The Term Statistics tab displays.
- Select the Term Withdrawal tab.
- The Term Withdrawal page displays. Use the Arrows in the top-right corner and navigate to the correct institution and term.
- Select Withdrawal/Cancel = "Withdrew."
- Select the appropriate Withdrawal/Cancel Reason.
- The Withdrawal/Cancel Reason is determined by the Adjust Reason selected as the Set Default on the Adjustment Calendar (Student Financials).
Withdrawal\Cancel Reasons are set up independently from the Action Reason codes on a Drop Enrollment Action reasons set up for refunds on Quick Enroll or Enrollment Request.
- Please work with your Student Financials Office on which Withdrawal\Cancel Reason codes to use for your student scenarios. Follow your college's local business process.
- A Term Withdrawal will override refund percentages if they differ from the standard calendar refund period.
Suppose an individual course must be dropped with a different adjustment amount. In that case, users must process the drop on the Enrollment Request page using a backdate of the action date to fall within the adjustment period.
A warning message will display if processing a Term Withdrawal after grades have been posted to a student's term. Sometimes this is accurate as a student has already been dropped from the courses individually, and the student has "W" grades.
When this warning message displays, it is recommended to check the student's record to verify that all grades are a "W" as a Term Withdrawal should not be used if the student has non "W" grades.
- Enter the Withdrawal/Cancel Date provided in the query results.
- Enter the Last Date of Attendance supplied in the query results.
- Select Post Term Withdrawal.
- Select the Success or Error link to view messages associated with posting the term withdrawal.
- The Term Withdrawal Run Status page displays. Use it to view the status and process messages for enrollment requests generated by the withdrawal and cancellation process to determine the changes you must make to a request or a student’s records to post a request successfully. You can also use this page to record all withdrawal and cancellation requests submitted through the Term History component.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is audio with captions included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Processing Term Withdrawal. This link will open in a new tab/window.
Messages you may get when posting a Term Withdrawal:
- * You must set up the Acad Calendar Term Table for Institution: WA171, Career: UGRD, Calendar: AQTR, Term: 2201 (14630,37)
- This message means that you have not completed the required configurations for Term Withdrawal
- * Warning -- date out of range. (15, 9)
- This message is a warning to verify the dates entered. Verify the dates used and re-click the post button. It will not prevent the term withdrawal from completing.
Note: To allow a student to re-enroll after withdrawal or cancellation, refer to the steps outlined in the following QRGs: