Remove (Revoke) a Degree
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to revoke a student degree in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC SR Student Program
- ZD SR Student Program
- ZZ SR Student Program
- ZZ Student Program Limited
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan
- On the Student Program/Plan page, enter a student ID or look up a student by name.
- Select the Search button. Select the desired institution or student career number if multiple results are returned.
- Select the Include History button located at the bottom right of the page.
- The Student Program tab displays. Verify the data on the Student Program, Student Plan, and Student Sub-Plan tabs. These pages represent the degree awarded to the student.
- Select the Add a New Row [+] button on the right side of the screen to insert a new effective dated row.
- Enter the Effective Date. Note: The Effective Date should be the last day of the term.
- Select Program Action = "REVK."
- Select the Student Degrees tab.
- The Student Degrees tab displays.
- On Degree Checkout Stat, select Withdrawn from the drop-down list.
- Select Update Degrees. The new row will be saved automatically.
- Automatic updates are made to the Student Degree page. The degree status is "Revoked," and the degree is removed from the student's transcript. Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Graduation > Student Degrees.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.