Assign Enrollment Appointments in Batch
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for assigning enrollment appointments in batch in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZD SR Student Appoint Inquiry
- ZZ SR Enroll Term Processing
- ZZ SR Student Appointment
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Enrollment and validation appointments allow an institution to allocate student self-service enrollment and planning time periods.
QCS_SR_REGSTR_STDNTS--Returns all students with valid Enrollment Appointments for a given Institution and Term.
QCS_SR_ENR_APT_STDNT_CNT-- Returns a count of students who have their earliest appointment at the specified time. Allows staff to plan for traffic during priority enrollment. Includes option to see number of students enrolled in a prompted term during each time slot.
QCS_SR_STDNT_REG_APT_CONTACT--Returns a contact list of students with a scheduled registration appointment. This query will identify students who need to be contacted via email or text to be reminded of their upcoming registration appointment.
QCS_SR_STDN_ENR_AP_EMAIL--Returns a list of students with emails.
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Term Processing > Appointments > Assign Appointments
- The Assign Enrollment Appointment search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA220_ENRL_APPTS.
- On the Assign Appointments page, enter the request parameters to define the processing rules and data for this process.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Academic Career by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Term by selecting the looking glass.
- Process Mode: Select Add Appointments to create student appointments or Delete Appointments to remove appointments previously made.
- Session: Select Regular Academic Session from the drop-down.
- Student Appointment Block: Enter or lookup.
- The student appointment blocks must be added to the Assign Appointments screen in descending order of priority; the system will assign a student the first appointment in the list of student blocks for which the student is eligible.
- Select Override Block Priorities to override set up on the Student Appointment Block set-up table.
- Select Enrollment or Validation in Appointment Type.
- Enrollment appointments: Time periods students can enroll.
- Validation appointments: Pre-enrollment time periods where students can verify that planned enrollment works within the schedule for the given term. (e.g., no time conflicts, courses are scheduled, etc.)
- Use Program Term/Session Limit: If you want the Enrollment Engine to limit the number of appointments for the students you assign based on their academic programs, you can select the checkbox provided. Alternatively, you can enter an appointment limit ID. Select the checkbox or provide an appointment limit ID.
- Appointment Limit ID: Enter or look up the code from the Appointment Limit table. Appointment Limit IDs are created on the Appointment Limits Table page. For more information, refer to the Defining Appointments Enrollment Limits QRG.
- Appointment Block: Enter or look up the code defined from the Student Appointment Block table. Student Appointment Blocks are created on the Student Appointment Blocks page. For more information, refer to the Creating Student Appointment Blocks QRG.
- Appointment Number To/From: Select the range of appointment numbers.
- Select the Run button. For more information, refer to the Process Scheduler/Process Monitor QRG. You can rerun the process for students who were not assigned an appointment. Select the Do not Allow Multiple Appts—checkbox before you rerun the process.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Assign Enrollment Appointments in Batch. This link will open in a new tab/window.