Entering Test Results
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering test results in ctcLink.
Audience: Admissions / Testing Center staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CS Test Processing
- ZZ CS Test Processing
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access
The Test Results page is global. It is possible to fetch the test scores from the Test Credits - Automated page when test scores are entered manually or using the Load Test Scores from an External File process. In the test credits - automated process, a test credit rule is used to award a "course" credit for a test score within a specified range to a student.
Navigation: Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > Test Results
- The Test Results search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria to identify your student.
- Select Search.
- The Test Results page displays.
- Test ID: Select the looking glass and choose the appropriate Test ID.
- Select the plus [+] icon to add a different Test ID.
Test default components are only needed when manually entering components. Entering information in the Defaults for Components section helps minimize data entry starting at step 12 and is not required.
- Test Date: Select the date when the test was taken. Entering a value here populates the corresponding field at the bottom of the page.
- Data Source: Select a value to indicate how this information was provided to your institution.
- Acad Level: Choose the student's academic level at the time of the test. This level may sometimes differ from the student's current level. Default values are displayed in the corresponding fields at the bottom of the page.
On the Test Component Table page, components are defined and linked to tests on the Test Tables page.
- Component: Values for this field are determined by the Test ID entered.
- Score: Enter a score for the test component.
- Test Date: Enter the date the test was taken if it is not populated from the default components. You can edit values.
- Data Source: Select a value to indicate how this information was provided to your institution if it is not populated from the default components. You can edit values.
- Acad Level: Choose the student's academic level at the time of the test if it is not populated from the default components. This level may sometimes differ from the student's current level.
- Date Loaded: The system date is the default loaded date. It may be necessary to edit this field.
- To add additional test components to the Test ID entered, select the plus [+] icon.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Entering Test Results. This link will open in a new tab/window.