9.2 Define Course Transfer Rules
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to define course transfer rules in ctcLink.
Audience: Transfer Credit Evaluator
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC SR Transfer Credit Rules
- ZD SR Transfer Credit Rules
- ZZ SR Transfer Credit Rules
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The QRG 9.2 Updating External Organization School Course Classification & School Subject Maintenance provides a guide to requesting record creation in School Course Classification and/or School Subject Maintenance Tables.
- In order for transfer rules to work correctly for external institutions, transfer rules should point to a course that is in active status in your ctcLink Catalog.
- You can find out which rules you have that point to inactive courses by running QCS_AA_EXT_TRANSF_RULE, which allows users to filter out courses in inactive status. Running this query with the "Only inactive?" and "Exclude Inst to Inst?" checkboxes checked will return a list of rules from external institutions that point to courses that are inactive in your ctcLink Catalog.
- Important note: It's ok for rules that support manual conversions (from your institution to your institution) to point to inactive courses because you want to transcribe the course the student actually completed.
Defining Course Transfer Rules
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Rules > Course Transfer Rules
- The Course Transfer Rules search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Credit Source Type.
- Enter Source ID.
- Enter Equivalency Rule.
- Select Add.
- The Course Transfer Rules page displays.
- Enter Effective Date.
- Enter Status.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Transfer Subject Area.
- If needed, select the Add a New Row [+] icon to create additional Transfer Subject Areas.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.