9.2 Identify Student Groups for Academic Advisement
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to identify Student Groups to be used in Academic Advisement in ctcLink.
Audience: Academic Advisement Report Builders
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD CS ADVISEMENT SETUP
- ZD SACR Advisement Config
- ZZ CS ADVISEMENT SETUP
- ZZ SACR Advisement Config
You must also set these SACR Security permissions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or SACR settings, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Student Group values that can be selected on this page are based on the Student Group Table setup (located under Set Up SACR > Common Definitions).
This page must be defined for your institution if you wish to use Student Groups as part of your Academic Advisement configuration.
Student Groups can be used in various areas of the Academic Advisement module, including but not limited to Dynamic Conditions, Pre-Conditions for Requirements and Requirement Groups, Condition Line Item Details on Requirements and Requirement Groups, and in Entity Groups.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up SACR > Product Related > Academic Advisement > Advising Student Groups
Access to the page used in this QRG is limited and is assigned by the local ctcLink security administrator.
- The Advisement Student Groups search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Enter Requirement Usage = "ADV".
- Select Add.
- The Advising Student Groups page displays.
- Complete required fields.
- Effective Date: enter the first date on which the Student Groups are valid for use by your Academic Advisement rules.
- Student Group: use the magnifying glass to select the applicable Student Groups
- Select the second level Add a New Row [+] icon to add any additional Student Groups.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
To define an entity group and incorporate a Student Group into Academic Advisement, refer to QRG 9.2 Defining Enrollment Requirement Conditions Using a Group or Plan Within a List of Possible Groups or Plans (Requisite Entity Groups). When an entity group is created, it is possible to use this academic entity group in Academic Advisement and Enrollment Requirements as a precondition or condition requirement. Academic entity groups are similar items that have been grouped together to use them more efficiently.