9.2 MSS Request Absence (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for request absences for employees in ctcLink.
Enter Absence Request
Navigation: Manager Self Service (Homepage) > Team Time (tile)
- The Team Time homepage displays.
- Select the Request Absence heading on the side bar.
- Select the employee from the employee list.
- Select Absence Name from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select Absence Reason.
- NOTE: If the Absence has to do with FMLA, the Absence Reason is required.
- Select a Start Date.
- Select an End Date.
- Based on the Start and End Date, the Duration will dynamically generate.
- If the Absence is not for a full day, select Partial Days.
- NOTE: PTF will always need to have Partial Day absences.
- None: no part of the absence is a partial day.
- End Day Only: the last day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start Day Only: the first day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start and End Days: both the start and the end days of the absence are partial days.
- All Days: every day of the absence is a partial day.
- If Partial Days is chosen the user must indicate:
- Is the End Day a Half Day? (Yes or No).
- If the answer is no, then how many hours is the partial day absence for? (Duration in hours).
- (Optional) Comments are available to be entered (NOTE: these cannot be deleted from the system and are considered public records).
- Select from the workflow drop down to submit as Employee or Manager as per your college’s policy.
- Select the Submit button.
- A confirmation message displays.
- Select the Yes button.
- The process to submit an absence request is now complete.
- End of procedure.