9.2 Modifying a Person
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for modifying personal information in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Administrator, HR Specialists
Navigation: NavBar > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
Biographical Details - Add or Update Name
- To add or update the Name, select the Biographical Details tab.
- Select the plus sign (+) to Add A New Effective Dated Row.
- The Effective Date defaults to Today's Date, change if needed.
- To update the Name, select the appropriate Format Type (ex: Preferred Name).
- Select the Edit Name button.
- Select a Prefix, if applicable.
- First Name and Last Name must be populated as they are required fields; update if needed.
- In the Preferred First Name field, enter the name the employee has requested to be displayed in Employee Self Service. (This is an optional field).
- In the Preferred Last Name field, enter the last name the employee wants displayed in Employee Self Service.
- Select a Suffix, if applicable.
- Select Refresh Name to validate the changes.
- Select OK.
- Save the record.
Note: In order for the Preferred Name to be displayed on the portal page, the HR Administrator must send a request to the Local Security Administrator to have the Name Description updated on the employee’s User Profile.
IMPORTANT: Legal name(s) will show on legal documents/screens such as Payroll and Tax information.
Contact Information - Current Addresses
- Select the Contact Information tab.
- In the Current Addresses section, click the plus sign (+) to add a new address.
- Select the appropriate Address Type from the drop down menu.
- Select the Add Address Detail link.
- The Effective Date will Default to Today's Date, change if needed (this date should match the date entered on the Biographical Details tab).
- The Country defaults to USA, leave as is.
- The Status defaults to A (Active); change if needed.
- Select the Add Address link.
- Enter the Street Address in the Address 1 field (Address 2 & 3 can be used for P.O. Box and/or Apt/Ste numbers).
- Enter the City.
- Enter or Select the State.
- Enter the Zip Code in the Postal Code field (typically this will auto populate once the state is entered).
- Enter the County (optional).
- Select OK.
WARNING: The Override Address Verification option is not required
An Address Warning may occur with alternate suggestions, this will not prevent the record from saving.
- The system will redirect you to the Address History page (will all entries populated), select OK.
- The new address is now listed in the Current Addresses section.
- Select Save.
- Select the Regional tab.
- In the Ethnic Group section, select the plus sign to add a new ethnic group from the lookup icon.
- Select the Primary checkbox if applicable.
- Use the fields in the History section to track your I-9 information. Select the plus sign to add a new effective dated information.
- In the Veteran section select a Military Status from the drop down menu. (If you select a discharge related option, the system will require the Military Discharge Date).
- In the Smoker History section, enter a new effective date and select Yes/No. (You will see it displayed following this navigation: ESS > Personal Details > Additional Information).
- Select Save.
Congratulations you have successfully modified a person!!!