9.2 Reclassifying a Position with a New Job Code
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reclassifying a position with a new job code in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Specialists and HR Administrators
Reclassifying a Position with a New Job Code
Important: Position data MUST be kept accurate and in sync with Job Code and Salary Admin Plans. It is important to modify the pages in proper order to keep the data in sync. Modify the position data first, and then the employee record.
Verifying an Employee’s Job Record
Navigation: NavBar/Navigator > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
Note: Processes in the Job Data area are view only – no changes are made.
- Enter the Empl ID in the Search Criteria section.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the appropriate Empl Record from the Search Results section.
- In the Work Location tab, make a note of the position number.
- Select the Job Information tab.
- Make note of the job code attached to the employee.
Updating Position Data
Navigation: NavBar/Navigator> Organization Development > Position Management > Maintaining Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
- Enter the position number noted from step 4 in the Position Number field.
- Click the Search button.
- Select the Add a New Row button.
- The Effective Date will default to today's date, change if necessary.
- Select the Reason lookup icon and select JRC (Job Re-Classification).
- Select the Job Code lookup icon and select a new job code.
- Select the Reg/Temp drop-down menu and select the appropriate option.
- The Title and Short Titles fields will auto-populate based on the Job Code selected in step 12.
- Select the Specific Information tab.
Note: make any other selections to field data as needed in the Work Location and Salary Plan Information Sections. Refer to QRG Copying and Creatings Positions.
- Enter the Max Head Count for the position, if necessary.
- Ensure the Update Incumbents checkbox is selected.
- Ensure the Budgeted Positions checkbox is selected.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the OK button through the pop up message.
Note: If the effective date is in the future, the incumbent position data will not be overridden until the future date.
- Select the Budgets and Incumbents tab.
- Select the Job Data link to go back to the current incumbent.
- On the Job Information tab, verify the Job Code has changed.
- Select OK.
Congratulations you have successfully re-classified a position!!!!