9.2 Creating a New Combo Code
Purpose: Use this document to create a new combo code in ctcLink.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Chartfield Configuration > Combination Code Table
- On the Combination Code Table search page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the Set ID. (Leave the GL Combination Code field at default-make no entries)
- Select the Add button. The Combination Code Table will display.
- In the Combination Code Detail section, complete the following fields:
- Effective Date (starting at 01/01/1901)
- Status (active)
- Description (according to your business decisions)
- Short Desc (according to your business decisions)
- In the ChartField Detail section, complete (at a minimum) the following fields:
- Operating Unit
- Fund Code
- Class Field
- PC Business Unit
- State Purpose
NOTE: If this is a project Combo Code, the Business Unit PC, Project/Grant and Activity ID must be entered.
- Select the Save button.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Chartfield Configuration > Load Combination Code Table
- On the Load Combination Code Table search page, enter the Run Control ID or Add a New Value.
- Enter search criteria.
- Select the Search button. The Load Combination Code Table will display.
- On the Load Combination Code Table, enter the As of Date - 01011901. (This date must remain or proper data will not run).
- Select Save.
- Select Run and wait for run control number to appear.
NOTE: Do NOT check mark the "Inactivate Accounts Not Downloaded".
- Select the Refresh button until the Run Status = Success and the Distribution Status = Posted.
There are two ways to find the new Combo Code assigned to this Chartfield string, either a query or the HCM PAY760 report (see below).
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Common Definition > Chartfield Configuration > Combination Code Report
- On the Combination Code Report search page, select the Find an Existing Value tab OR Add a New Value tab.
- Enter search criteria.
- Select the Search button. The Combination Code Report page will display.
- On the Combination Code Report page, select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request window will open.
- The Combination Code Report box should be check marked.
- Select the OK button.
- Make note of the Process Instance number.
- Select the Process Monitor link to review the progress of the Run Control. The Process List page will display.
- On the Process List page, select Refresh until the Run Status equals "Posted" and the Distribution Status equals "Posted". The PAY760 report can be reviewed.
- Select the the "Go back to Combination Code Report" link located at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Report Manager Link.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Select the link Report Description.
The report that is accessed as a PDF file which can be searched for the new input Chartfield string. By searching this report you can find the new Combo Code given to this Chartfield string.
- Press Ctrl+F to find the new ChartField string. The Combo Code is the third field on the first line of an entry.
- When pressing Ctrl+F, enter the ChartField in this order with a space between each ChartField; Business Unit, Account, Fund, Department, and Class.
A common error with creating combo codes is the Department date not being 01/01/1901. Any new Department must have this date or this process will not "read" it.
For any old department in which there is a change, such as manager, a person can effective date it to the appropriate date as long as the original entry is 01/01/1901 it will process fine.
- The process for creating a new combo code is now complete.
- End of procedure.