9.2 View and Approve Accounting Entries
Purpose: Use this document to view and approve accounting entries awaiting review within ctcLink.
Audience: Cash/Treasury Manager (Supervisor)
View and Approve Entries
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > View/Approve Entries
- Select or enter Your Business Unit.
- Select the Treasury Accounting Status list and select the "Provisional" list item.
- Select Search.
- Use the View/Approve Entries page to approve accounting entries that are awaiting review.
The Status list initially displays the status of accounting entries displayed in the Accounting Entries grid. You can choose from the following values:
- Error: Entries are in error and must be corrected before posting to General Ledger. Error status can only be set by the Automated Accounting Process.
- Needs Correction: Entries are found to be in error. Needs Correction status (can only be set manually).
- Provisional: Entries passed system verifications, but require visual inspection. You can review the entry and then save it with a new status of Final or Needs Correction.
- Final: Entries are ready to post to the General Ledger.
- Select the Chartfields tab. Use the Chartfields tab to view the ChartField values.
- Select the Additional Details tab. Use the Additional Details tab to view the Additional Details fields.
- Select the Journal tab. Use the Journal tab to view Journal field values.
- Upon completion of your review, you can change the value in the Status list to "Final". The entry is now ready for the Journal Generator process. You can continue to modify the entry until the process is actually run, and the Distribution Status changes to "Distributed".
- Select Status value "Final" from list.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.