9.2 Force Reconciliation Exception
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for forcing a banking transaction to reconcile in ctcLink.
Audience: Cash Management staff
Force Reconciliation Exception
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Analyze Exceptions > Auto Reconciliation Exceptions
or, select the Exceptions button on the Automatic Reconciliation page (see QRG Run Automatic Reconciliation Method 1)
- The Automatic Reconciliation Exceptions page displays.
- Based on your security setup, it defaults your bank details or select your Bank ID and Account number.
- Enter Statement ID or enter From Date and Thru Date.
- Select Search.
- Select the transaction, which you want to Force Reconcile.
- Select the Reconcile button
- You will get warning message. Select OK to continue.
- The transition is now force reconciled. You can review the statement to check whether your transaction is reconciled or not. In addition, there is external transaction is created for you.
Note: For the system to force a transaction to reconcile, the transaction must match the following criteria. If the transaction does not match these criteria, the Force Reconciliation option is unavailable.
- The Statement Activity Type should have setup with accounting template and Allow Force Reconciliation option.
- The bank statement transaction must have a valid statement activity type.
- In addition, when forcing transaction pairs of unlike amounts to reconcile, the system automatically generates a balancing transaction. For example, if the bank statement amount is $100 and the system transaction amount is $99.99, then the system creates a balancing transaction, which results in a credit in the amount of $0.01. This credit is recorded in the table that is specified in the associated Statement Activity Type definition. If the system transaction is of a greater amount than the bank statement amount, then the system creates a debit and records it to the appropriate table. Using the preceding example, if the bank statement amount is $100 and the system transaction is $100.01, then the balancing transaction is a debit of $0.01.