9.2 Manual Update Bank Statement Reconciliation Status
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to update bank statement reconciliation manually.
Audience: Staff responsible for bank reconciliation processing
Colleges may need to refer to this QRG for at least the first 2 to 3 months post go-live within the PeopleSoft system. Once live with PeopleSoft, the college will start receiving the previous day's electronic bank statement. The college will import these statements into PeopleSoft. The bank statement may consist of old legacy payment data, which was already paid in legacy system. Once the college imports the statement into PeopleSoft and the auto reconciliation runs, the college may get the "Transaction Not Found" exception of the expense payment for at least first 2 to 3 months.
For these type of expense bank statement transactions can be reconciled manually by using Enter Bank Statements page.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Bank Statements > Enter Bank Statements
- Select the Find an Existing Value tab. You should NEVER use the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter or select the External Bank ID and Bank Account number.
- Enter or select the Statement ID, which was loaded through the Import Bank statement process.
- Select the Search button.
- Select the Bank Transaction Entry tab. This page contains all transactions reported in the bank statement.
- Select the Recon Information tab under the Bank Transactions section. This contains the Trans Code, which identifies the type of transactions and its Recon status.
If the Auto reconciliation process has already run on the selected Statement ID, then you will get the Reconciliation Status of “Not Found in System”. Here you may want to change the status to Reconciled and save the page. The status may be changed because the corresponding transaction is not found in the PeopleSoft System since the check payment was processed in the Legacy System.