9.2 Managing Applications
Purpose: To manage applications via the Search Job Openings page in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Specialists.
The Manage Application page provides a unified view of all recruiting activity for an applicant for a single job opening (or an application without a job opening).
The applicant's current disposition appears alongside one-click actions for the most common recruiting actions, and an Other Actions menu provides access to additional actions.
A set of tabs displays detailed information about each recruiting phase that the applicant has gone through. Users can review:
- The job application, resume, and questionnaire results.
- Applicant notes.
- Details associated with each recruiting phase: routing details, interview details, offer details, and hiring details.
- Additional related information including applicant checklists, contracts, pre-employment checks, and salary package models.
Data shown on the Manage Application page is read-only, but links provide immediate access to the related transaction pages, where users can make any necessary updates.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Recruiting > Search Job Openings
- The Job Search Openings search page displays.
- Enter the Job Opening ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Search Job Openings Search Results display.
- Select the Job Opening link.
- The Manage Job Opening page displays.
- Use the Manage Job Opening page to manage job openings and their applicants.
- Select the Application icon.
- Use the Manage Application page to review and manage activity related to a single applicant for a single job opening.
- The Applicant section of the page displays identifying information about the applicant along with useful information such as:
- the applicant type,
- applicant status,
- the number of jobs that the applicant has applied for,
- and the applicant’s primary contact information.
- The Job Opening section of the page displays identifying information about the job opening along with useful information such as the primary hiring manager and primary recruiter.
- The Process Application section displays:
- the applicants current disposition,
- the reason supplied when the current disposition was assigned,
- the date that the current disposition was assigned,
- and several action buttons.
- Use the Mark Reviewed action to update the applicant’s disposition.
- Use the Route action to route an applicant to another employee to get a recommendation regarding the next step in the recruiting process.
- Use the Interview action to schedule and manage applicant interviews.
- Use the Reject action to update an applicant's disposition to show that the applicant has been rejected.
- Use the Other Actions menu to perform several recruiting and applicant actions.
- Below the Process Application section are tabs that display detailed recruiting information.
- NOTE: A tab is visible only if the relevant data exists.
- The Application and Resume tab displays data from the Application Details page. This is the only tab that is always visible.
- Select the Questionnaire tab if visible.
- Use the Questionnaire tab to review the job opening questionnaire and the applicant’s answers (if any) to the questions.
- The questions from the questionnaire are displayed.
- For multiple choice questions, the page displays the question and a grid showing all possible answers.
- Within the grid, check marks in the Correct Answer column identifies the correct answers.
- Check marks in the Selected Answer column indicate the applicant’s answers.
- Select the Notes tab if visible.
- Use the Notes tab to review applicant notes. You can select the notes to view the details in the Note Details section.
- Select the Route tab if visible.
- Use the Route tab to review applicant routings, including responses from the people to whom the applicant was routed.
- The Route tab displays the same information that appears on the Route Applicant page.
- To update a routing (for example, to update the overall routing status), select the Edit Routing link.
- The Edit Routing page displays.
- To create a new routing, select the Add New Routing button.
- Both actions display the Route Applicant page.
- Select the Interview tab if visible.
- Use the Interview tab to review a summary of the applicant’s interviews for this job opening and to enter the final recommendation for the applicant based on the interviews.
- The Interview tab displays the information that appears on the Manage Interviews page.
- You can view the Final Recommendations and the Interview Evaluations under the Interview Details section. The tab also provides buttons for creating new interview schedules and new interview evaluations.
- The fields in the Final Recommendation group box are read-only.
- To update these fields, select the Edit Final Recommendation link to access the Edit Final Recommendation page.
- Select the Offer tab if visible.
- Use the Offer tab to review applicant offers and to accept, reject, or edit the offers.
- Select the Hire tab if visible.
- Use the Hire tab to review applicant hire details.
- The process to view the activity and application details of an applicant is now complete.
- End of Procedure.