9.2 Track Agency Funding (Financial Aid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to identify and track students who have agency funding/third party payment that needs to be accounted for in the overall Cost of Attendance
Audience: Financial Aid Staff responsible for tracking special funding that is processed as a Third Party Payment in SF
Navigation: Nav Bar > Navigator > Reporting Tools > Query > Schedule Query
- At the Schedule Query Search Criteria page, enter in your desired Run Control ID. You Add a New Value if one does not already exist, or use the Existing Run Control ID tab.
- Select Add or Search.
- In the Schedule Query page, in the Query Name enter the query: CTC_FA_THIRD_PARTY_PYMNTS
- Select the Search button.
- In the Query group box, select the CTC_FA_THIRD_PARTY_PYMNTS query link.
- The query parameters pagelet opens.
- Enter the following:
- SF Item Term
- Aid Year
- Select the OK button.
- Now that the parameters have been defined, select the Run button.
- At the Process Scheduler Request page, select the OK button.
- At the Schedule Query page, select the Process Monitor link.
- At the Process List page, when the process runs to Success and Posted, select the Details link.
- At the Process Detail page, select the View Log/Trace link to locate the .csv
- Select the .csv link - a spreadsheet will download.
- Open the excel doc, and filter as desired.
Tip! Review items that are listed as the Aid Processing Status of 'Packaging Completed' first - this status means that an award has already been made and priority needs to be paid attention to this first. The goal in this process is to quickly identify potential overawards and/or eligibility impacts as a result of the agency funding.
Next, we will work an award from the above spreadsheet example. We can see a third-party payment from the Department of Labor and Industries. This award needs to be added in the Assign Awards to a Student page with a non-disbursable Item Type.
Nav Bar > Navigator > Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student
- At the Assign Awards to a Student page, add a new row.
- "B" the award and enter in the amount from the spreadsheet from column "H" into the Offered amount. Tab out, and the amount will populate into the Accepted column.
- Enter in the desired Disbursement Plan and Split Code.
- Select the Validate button, and the OK button to pass through the Validation confirmation message.
- Select Post button, and OK button to pass through the Post confirmation message.
Tip! Check the Need Summary tab, and the Term Summary tab to ensure the aid package is not overawarded for the aid year, and the term.
- End of procedure.