Oracle Planning Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS) is a cloud-based budgeting and reporting solution. PBCS is a planning and budgeting tool used to build budgets. It is a web-based subscription based cloud service that you access via a web-based URL. The name of SBCTC’s planning application is SBCTCFIN.
PBCS provides for:
- Centralized planning, budgeting and forecasting solution
- Data Forms are available for data entry purpose
- Business Rules calculates the data values
- Smart View Add in for:
Ad Hoc analysis in Excel
Accessing Web Forms
Business Process Flow Diagram
SBCTC’s Budget solution uses is fully configured within the PBCS application to meet SBCTC’s particular needs, based on your ctcLink chart fields. This is a completely cloud-based tool that will allow you to create and report on your budget and updates. To get the most out of your training and use of PBCS, let’s look at some common terms that you will come across:
- A plan type or business process is an Essbase database or cube where the ctcLink chart field information and data are stored. Plan types handle the detailed workforce modeling, the expense and revenue budgeting, and reporting.
- Data forms are the templates that you will use to enter data, model results, and view the results of the model and data inputs.
- Dimensions are roughly the equivalent to the ctcLink chart fields and represent SBCTC’s data categories and hierarchies.
- Business rules are the calculations that happen behind the scenes and are the basis for the Workforce and Financial models.
This SBCTCFIN application consists of 3 different databases; BUDGET, WRKFORCE, and REPORT
There is an Excel Add-In client component, used in conjunction with your cloud-based URL to input and report off of Actual, Budget, and Encumbrance data either using pre-configured data entry forms or free form Add-Hoc analysis in Excel
User Acceptance Test Overview
User acceptance testing (UAT) consists of replicating the steps that you as an end-user of PBCS will take to create, update, and report on your budget. While testing, you will follow UAT scripts that walk you through the process with step-by-step instructions that are organized by function. The overall flow of the scripts is intended to recreate the end-to-end process that you will use in your daily work.
Links to Quick Reference Guides - Steps in the Test Process
- Logging into PBCS
- Global Annual Assumptions
- Local Step Rate
- Local COLA % by college
- Employee Management by Classification
- Employee Allocation
- Add New Employee
- Copy Employee
- Remove Employee
- Review Employee Details
- Terminate Employee
- Review All Employee Combo code Allocation
Expense and Revenue Planning
- All Expense Planning
- All Revenue Planning
- Review Expense and Revenue data
- Enter new budget Line
- Enter Travel Expense Driver
- Enter Revenue Driver
- Create new Department
- Create New Program
- Copy Budget Data
- Access PBCS Reports
- Budget Status Report_By Department
- Budget Variance- Line Item Detail
- Grant and Project Status by Dept
- Workforce Employee Salary Details
- Setting up a Smart View Connection
- Setting Smart View User Option
- Performing Ad Hoc Analysis
- Open Data Form in Smart View
Login information will be provided by SBCTC, with the approval from your college. End users will receive an email from Oracle Cloud with login information.
Security options will be at either the WRITE or READ level, unless otherwise determined.