Update Weeks of Instruction
Purpose: To update the weeks of instruction on FA Term using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ FA Pop Update
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This process is typically run in your nightly ISIR JobSet, though you can run it ad hoc as needed, e.g., when you are building out a student's data to get an award in the system the day you load an ISIR. Otherwise, the nightly process will populate these items in batch after the nightly JobSet runs.
Update Weeks of Instruction
Navigation: Set up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > Population Update > Population Update Process
- The Population Update Process search page displays. Enter a new or use an existing Run Control ID. In this example, a new Run Control ID is used = WA140_EY_UPD_WKS_INSTRCTN_KF, EY = Even Year, 2024
- Select the Add button.
- The Population Selection Update page displays. From the *Record (Table) Name drop-down menu, choose STDNT_FA_TERM.
- Select the Report Error Messages radio button.
- From the Selection Tool drop-down menu, choose PS Query.
- From the Query Name drop-down menu, choose CTC_FA_SB_FIX_TERM_WEEKS_INSTR.
- Select Edit Prompts and enter Institution and Aid Year, the select OK.
- From the Field Name drop-down menu, choose Weeks of Instruction.
- In Field Value enter 12.
- Select Run (select Save if adding to a JobSet).
- At the Process Scheduler Request page, select the SCC_POP_UPD check-box, and then select the OK button to continue.
- Back at the Population Selection Update page, note the Process Instance number assigned to the process -- use it to track the statuses of this process.
- Select the Process Monitor hyperlink -- this step takes you to the Process List page.
- At the Process List page, ensure your Run Statuses run to "Success" and your Distribution Statuses run to "Posted". You may select the Refresh button until the process runs to "Success" and "Posted".
- You may review the Actions > Message Log detail to review how many rows and records were updated.
- The process to update the weeks of instruction is now complete.
- End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
The video demonstration displays no rows found at the end of the process. It is typical, no records are available to update, but the sweep for students must be made when running batch processes.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Update Weeks of Instruction. This link will open in a new tab/window.