Searching for Courses
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for searching for courses in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZZ CS Search Class Cat Faculty
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You also need to set the following SACR Security permission:
Course Catalog Search
Instead of browsing through pages and pages of courses, staff members can filter results so that only relevant results appear.
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog Search
- The Course Catalog Search page displays.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass.
- Enter or look up the Subject Area by selecting the looking glass.
- Optionally, enter Catalog Nbr via "Exact Match" or "Wildcard." Three wildcard characters are available for searching in PeopleSoft fields. To find specific information, use these wildcard characters:
- % (percent symbol) Match one or more characters
- _ (underscore) Match any single character
- \ (backslash) To use one of the wildcard characters as a literal character (for example, to include a % in your string), precede the character with a \(for example, percent\%)
- Select Search.
- The Catalog Search Results page displays.
- Select Return to Search to browse the course catalog for additional courses offered at your institution.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.