How to Inactivate a Course
Purpose: Use this document to reference how to inactivate a course in ctcLink.
Audience: Course Builders.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course and Class Inquiry
- ZD CM Local Configuration
- ZD FWL View Cnt Calc
- ZZ CM Course Catalog
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
- ZZ FWL Contract Calc
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
- The Course Catalog search page displays
- Enter search criteria.
- Ensure that the Include History check box is checked.
- Select Search.
- The Catalog Data page displays. Note the Effective Date and Status. Note also the number of effective-dated rows.
- Select the + icon to add a new Effective Daterow for five days before the term the course should no longer be offered. Note the number of effective-dated rows.
- Example: BARB 101 offered in Spring 2017 will become inactive in Summer 2017. Add the effective dated row of 6/25/2017 (any date between the end of spring and before the first day of summer is preferred; however, it is preferred to use a few days before the first day of summer).
- Change the Status to "Inactive." On this date, the course will no longer display in the online course catalog and will no longer be schedulable.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.
Timing and effective date changes to the course catalog are critical to preventing FTE calculation issues. Any course change should be done by adding a new effective date row (don't use the correct history).
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Course Inactivation - No Audio. This link will open in a new tab/window.