Define Tests for Requisites
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to define tests for requisites in ctcLink.
Audience: Registration staff.
You must have at least one of these local college-managed security roles:
- ZC CM Enrollment
- ZD CM Enrollment
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Tests for Requisites
Navigation: Curriculum Management > Enrollment Requirements > Define Tests for Requisites
- The default option is Find an Existing Value. Select Search to view existing values.
- Click the Add a New Value tab to add a new Test ID.
- Enter or look up the Academic Institution by selecting the looking glass. Always ensure that you are working with data belonging to your institution.
- Enter or look up Test ID.
- Select the Add button.
- The Define Test for Requisites page displays. Enter information into the following fields:
- Effective Date.
- Status: Active or Inactive.
Months Valid: Enter the number of months a test score is considered valid. An empty (blank) field means the test is always valid. Updates to the Months Valid value do not automatically affect related Enrollment Requirements. Follow the steps below to update the Enrollment Requirement(s):
- Remove the test from the enrollment requirement when updating the Months Valid of a test requisite.
- Open the enrollment requirement and select Correct History.
- Click on the Line Item Detail tab and select the appropriate Line Item. Delete the Line item Detail row.
- Re-enter the condition data. When the Test ID is selected, the Months Valid field auto-populates with the updated value.
Test Score Method:
- Average of All Scores Taken: Allow the enrollment engine to average scores for a given test when it processes the test for an enrollment requirement.
- First Test Taken: Allow the enrollment engine to use the test score with the earliest date when processing a condition.
- Highest Score: The enrollment engine uses the highest score for a given test when processing the test for an enrollment requirement.
- Last Test Taken: Select whether the enrollment engine processes the test for a condition in an enrollment requirement or requirement group using the score from the last test date taken.
- Lowest Score: Make the enrollment engine use the lowest test score when it processes a given test for a condition in an enrollment requirement.
- Data Source: Select the Add a New Row [+] button for additional data sources. Ensuring the Data Sources selected in the Valid Data Sources section align with the values a staff person manually enters is critical. This can cause errors when a student enrolls in a class.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Define Tests for Requisites. This link will open in a new tab/window.