9.2 Adding Course Attributes and Values to Courses
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding course attributes and course attribute values to courses in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Records staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course Catalog
- ZD CM Course and Class Inquiry
- ZD CM Local Configuration
- ZD FWL View Cnt Calc
- ZZ CM Course Catalog
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
- ZZ FWL Contract Calc
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You must also set the following SACR Security permission:
Enter the general characteristics that describe the course offering in the Course Attribute and Course Attribute Value fields. They are primarily used for institutional research purposes, reporting, and for printing repetitive text in the catalog and schedule of classes. Course Attributes are not provided to the Academic Advisement application. Course Attributes are defined on the Course Attribute Table page. An example of a course attribute is Fund Source (SFND) with course attribute values of:
- 1 - Fully State Funded
- 2 - Partially State Funded-Sup
- 3 - Partially State Funded-Shared
- 4 - Grant and Contract Funded
- 5 - Self-Support
Adding Course Attributes
Navigation: Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
- The Course Catalog search page displays. Use its default Find an Existing Value page to locate your course.
- Enter the Academic Institution, Subject Area and Catalog Nbr of the course for which you wish to add course attributes.
- Select Search.
- The Catalog Data page displays.
- Select Correct History (bottom-right of the page).
- In the Course Attributes section, select + to add a new row.
- The new, empty row appears at the bottom of the Course Attributes section.
- Select from the available values by using the search tool (magnifying glass) next to the Course Attribute field.
- The Look Up Course Attribute window displays.
- Select the desired course attribute.
Note: Course Attribute Codes beginning with S are reserved for SBCTC-Olympia use. Many of these “S” codes will be used for reporting purposes, for example SFND-Fund Source, SCCN-Common Course Number, SINT-Course Intent, and SBST-I-Best. For more information, see the Student and Course Coding Manual v1.5 on the SBCTC website page.
- The Look Up Course Attribute window disappears. The updated Catalog Data page displays.
- Next, choose a Course Attribute Value for this Course Attribute. Select the magnifying glass next to the Course Attribute Value field.
- The Look Up Course Attribute Value window displays.
- Select the desired Course Attribute Value.
- The Look Up Course Attribute Value window disappears. The updated Catalog Data page displays.
- Select Save.
If colleges would like additional attributes added to courses, a request would need to be made with the Change Advisory Board.