9.2 Reserve Capacity - Class Building
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to use Reserve Capacity in ctcLink.
Audience: Class Builder
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CM Class Builder
- ZD CM Class Attributes
- ZD CM Class Builder
- ZD FWL View Cnt Calc
- ZZ CM Class Attributes
- ZZ CM Class Text Book
- ZZ CM Local Configuration
- ZZ FWL Contract Calc
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Using Reserve Capacity
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Schedule New Course
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
You may add Reserve Capacity while scheduling a new class or add Reserve Capacity to an existing class. Reserve Capacity will allows you to reserve seats in the class for particular groups of students.
- Navigate to the Reserve Cap tab.
- Enter the Start Date (day the Reserve Capacity goes into effect), The Requirement Group and the number of enrollments being reserved.
- You may add additional Reserve Capacity Groups by selecting the Add (+) button.
Reference the Requirement Group QRG (link below) if the Requirement Group is not in the look-up glass icon feature. There may be setup and/or effective dating work needed.
Values for Requirement Groups are defined through the Enrollment Requirement Group component. Students who attempt to enroll in the class and who satisfy the reserve capacity requirement group that you specify can enroll in the class up to the Cap Enrl value, (as long as the enrollment does not exceed the total enrollment capacity that you specify on the Enrollment Control page).
- If you would like the Reserve Capacity to expire, add a row by selecting the Add (+) button.
- Enter the Start Date to expire the Requirement Group and enter 0 as the Cap Enrl. This step frees up the space for other students.
- Select Save and the Reserve Capacity has been established.
Reserve Capacity Sequence
A Reserve Capacity Sequence number is assigned to each Requirement Group that you add for a class. Reserve Capacity Sequence #1 has priority over Reserve Capacity Sequence #2.
If a student meets more than one requirement, they will be placed in the class based on the highest priority group. Each reserve capacity sequence uses only one requirement group--the one with the most current effective date.
- In the Reserve Capacity panel, select the plus icon [+] in the top-right corner.
- A new sequence number is assigned to each group you add in order of priority.
- Enter a Start Date (day the Reserve Capacity goes into effect).
- Enter or select the looking glass to add a Requirement Group.
- Enter the number of seats you want to reserve for the group of students in the Cap Enrl field. Remember, the system only combines the most current row for each reserve capacity sequence for the specific section.
- Process complete.