9.2 Reserve Capacity - Class Building
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to use Reserve Capacity in ctcLink.
Audience: Class Builder
Using Reserve Capacity
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Schedule New Course
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
You may add Reserve Capacity while scheduling a new class or add Reserve Capacity to an existing class.
- Navigate to the Reserve Cap tab.
- Enter the Start Date (day the Reserve Capacity goes into effect), The Requirement Group and the number of enrollments being reserved.
- You may add additional Reserve Capacity Groups by selecting the Add (+) button.
Reference the Requirement Group QRG (link below) if the Requirement Group is not in the look-up glass icon feature. There may be setup and/or effective dating work needed.
Values for Requirement Groups are defined through the Enrollment Requirement Group component. Students who attempt to enroll in the class and who satisfy the reserve capacity requirement group that you specify can enroll in the class up to the Cap Enrl value, (as long as the enrollment does not exceed the total enrollment capacity that you specify on the Enrollment Control page).
- If you would like the Reserve Capacity to expire, add a row by selecting the Add (+) button.
- Enter the Start Date to expire, the Requirement Group and enter 0 as the Cap Enrl. This step frees up the space for other students.
- Select Save and the Reserve Capacity has been established.
- Process complete.