9.2 Scheduling a Class with Multiple Components
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for scheduling classes with multiple components in ctcLink.
Audience: Class Schedulers.
Class components can be added when scheduling a new course or after the primary component has been scheduled. This guide will reference the specific adjustments that need to be considered when scheduling a multiple component course. See the Schedule New Classes QRG for more details on basic class scheduling.
In order to schedule a multiple component course, the course must be set up for multiple components, to confirm the set up for multiple components see the QRG for Creating Multiple Course Components which reviews the process for course catalog set up.
Scheduling a Class with Multiple Components
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes
- The Maintain Schedule of Classes search page displays.
- Enter Search Criteria.
- Select Search.
- The Basic Data tab displays. There are several fields that you will want to modify specifically for multiple component courses.
- Class Section: You may want to identify the class section numbers with a number/letter combination, i.e. Lecture section is section 20 and the lab section is 20L.
- Component: When adding a new section the system will add the Primary component identified at the course catalog first. You can select the Auto Create Components button to have the system add the additional components identified at the course level.
- Class Type: The primary component will be identified as the Enrollment section. This will be the section that the student selects when they enroll.
- Associated Class: Use a unique associated class number for each grouping of components. For example: A BIOL 101 class with a Lecture and two Lab sections should all have the same class association number.
- Select Meetings.
- The Class Meetings tab displays. Use it to identify the meeting pattern and instructors for each component of the course. The components can have different meeting patterns and instructors. When the Enrollment and Non Enrollment components meet simultaneously, the meeting pattern should be added to the primary component.
- Select Enrollment Control.
- The Enrollment Control tab displays. Use it to input the capacity and consent details for each component of the course.
- Identify the Auto Enroll Sections: On the Enrollment sections only, input the section number for the class section that will be automatically added when the student enrolls. This does not need to be entered on the Non-Enrollment sections. In case of multiple Non-Enrollment sections to one Enrollment section, leave the Auto Enroll Sections field(s) blank.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.