Changing a Budget
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to change a budget in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD FA Budgets
- ZD FA Director
- ZZ FA Budgets
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Changing a Student Budget
Navigation: Financial Aid > Budgets > Maintain Term Budgets
- On the Budgets Maintenance search page, enter or search for the following fields:
- Student ID
- Academic Institution
- Aid Year
- Select the Search button. The Student Budget Maintenance page will display.
- From the Student Budget Maintenance page, insert a new row by selecting the [+] button next to the Term COA list within the Budget Group section.
- Choose any budget row from the Budget Item section and select the [+] button to insert a new budget row.
- Use the lookup tool to choose a Budget Category Code
- Use the lookup tool to choose an Item Code.
In this example, a Computer Required Expense budget item was used. Note: The Budget Category code and the Item Code must match.
- Enter a dollar amount in the Amount field of the chosen budget row.
- Select Save to save your work.
- Process Complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Changing a Budget. This link will open in a new tab/window.