9.2 Build a Run Control ID
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for building a Run Control ID in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician.
To run a report, you must tell the system when and where you want the report to run. For most reports, you must set parameters that determine the content of the report, such as business unit or time period on which to report.
A Run Control is a database record that provides the values for these settings. Instead of entering the same values each time you run a report; you create and save a run control with those settings. The next time you run the report, you select the run control, and the system completes the settings.
For additional information on running reports, review the QRG Running Reports, Jobs and Queries in the For all Employees section of the ctcLink Training Website.
The following steps provide an example of setting up a run control for 3C Engine. Run control processes may differ depending upon the job or process that is being run.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC CC 3Cs User
- ZZ CC 3Cs User
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Build a Run Control ID
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Campus Community > 3C Engine > Run 3C Engine
- The 3C Engine search page displays.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab. Enter the new Run Control ID.
- Select the Search or Add button.
- The 3C Engine page displays.
- From the 3C Engine Parameters tab, select a process from the Process 3C’s section (For this example ‘Population Selection’ will be used).
- Selecting a process displays several sections. For the Population Selection process, the following sections will open for additional input:
- Event Selection
- Communication Key
- Checklist Code
- Comment Category
- Population Selection
- Enter the information for the desired parameters. For this example, event and a checklist were chosen to be assigned to a group of students.
- Enter the population to be selected by specifying the Selection Tool and Query Name. For this example, PS Query was selected to run a valid ISIR query.
- Select the Save button to set the parameters for the Run Control.
- Process complete.