Clear Browser Cache for Popular Browsers
Purpose: Use this as a reference for how to clear browser cache for popular browsers.
Audience: Campus Solutions Staff.
- Select the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the Edge browser window and select Settings.
- Select or tap on the Choose what to clear button.
- Be sure that Browser history, Cookies and saved Website data, and Cached data and files are checked and then select or tap the Clear button.
- All Clear! will be displayed briefly when completed.
- Close all browser windows and restart Edge.
- From the Safety menu, choose Delete browsing history... Hit Alt if menu is not visible.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, uncheck Preserve Favorites Website data and be sure that all other check boxes are checked as shown below.
- Select Delete. Close all browser windows and restart IE.
- In the Chrome address bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Be sure that at least the following are checked in the Clear browsing data window:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Choose the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear browsing data. Close all browser windows and restart Chrome.
- From the Open Menu Panel or from the top left menu (hit Alt if you don't see the menu), select History, click Clear Recent History. Activate the Time range to clear drop down and select a time range and click OK.
- From the Time range to clear, select Everything. Select the Details down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Clear Now. Close all browser windows and restart Firefox.
- From the top left menu (hit Alt if you don't see the menu), select Edit and then Empty Cache...
- Hit Empty on the warning box. Close all browser windows and restart Safari.
- Open Safari. Select Safari on the top left menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Advanced tab and then check Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Select Develop from the top menu and then select Empty Caches. Close all browser windows and restart Safari.
- From the Opera menu on the top left, select Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security and then select Clear browsing data...
- Choose the Beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear browser data. Close all browser windows and restart Opera.
Note: These settings apply to the latest version of Mobile Safari for iOS. You may need to contact Apple support for earlier versions.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data then confirm. Close all browser windows and then restart browser.
Note: The steps below may vary depending on the model of your device and what browser you use.
- Go to Settings > Choose Apps or Application Manager.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- Find your browser in the list of apps. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache. Close all browser windows and then restart browser.