9.2 Accepting/Rejecting a Contract in the Faculty Center
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to accept or reject an approved contract (appointment letter) from the Contract Data tab in the Faculty Center.
Audience: Instructors\Faculty, HR\Payroll.
Faculty Center is available on the ctcLink Gateway (portal) page by following the direct link on the left side pane under the college logo. The Faculty Center can also be accessed within the Campus Solutions (CS) pillar, by following the CS link at the top of the ctcLink Gateway page and using the navigation below.
Accepting/Rejecting a Contract in the Faculty Center
- From your ctcLink Gateway page, select the Faculty Center link from the left side of page. **If you do not see this link, you may not have proper security access. Contact your college Security Administrator.
- Select the Contract Info link for issued/approved contracts to load.
- The Contract Info page displays.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Self Service > Faculty Center> Contract Info
- The Contract Info page displays in the Faculty Center.
- All contracts (appointment letters) are displayed, listed by Term.
- Find the contract to be signed, shown below as missing a check in the Contract Signed check box.
- Select the View Contract link to the right of the check box.
- The Contract Information page displays.
- Scroll to the bottom of the electronic contract (appointment letter).
- Under the contract generation date the Accept and Reject buttons are displayed.
- To the right of the contract generation date, in the Initials field, enter your initials, representing your electronic signature on the contract, which is stored in the contract along with the User ID and date/time stamp of the person signing the contract.
- If the Accept button is selected, a pop up message will appear, confirming the intention to accept the contract.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- The View Contract page displays.
- The Print button will appear, enabling the printing of the contract on a network printer.
- Select the Return button to exit the contract and return to the Contract Info page on the Faculty Center.
- If the Reject button is selected, a pop up message will appear, confirming the intention to reject the contract.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- When rejecting a contract, the system allows, but does not require entry of a reason for the contract rejection.
- Once a contract rejection reason is selected, it will populate both code and description on the page.
- Select the Submit button.
- A confirmation message displays.
- Select the Yes button to confirm.
- Select the Return button to exit the page and return to the Contract Info page.
- Once returned to the Contract Info page, a check will appear in the Contract Rejected check box.
- The process to accept or reject a contract in the Faculty Center is now complete.
- End of procedure.