9.2 Building a Budget
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to build a budget in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician.
Building a Budget
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > Budgets > Create Student Budget
- From the Create Student Budget search page, enter the ID, Academic Institution and Aid Year and select Search. The Create Student Budget page will display.
- Insert a new row under Budget Terms by selecting the [+] button.
- Use the Lookup Tool next to the Term field to select the desired term.
- Select the Build Budget button.
- Select the Detail link to view the budget information.
- The Detail link will give a breakdown of the term amounts built. Select OK to proceed.
- Select Move Budget to assign this budget to the student’s record.
- The Move Budget button will gray out once the process is complete.
- Process complete.