9.2 Authorization Failure Report
Purpose: To run the authorization failure report in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
Used to review student aid that failed to authorize for disbursement.
Authorization Failure Report
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Aid > Disbursement > Authorization Failure Report
- The Authorization Failure Rpt run control search page displays. On the search page, enter a New or Use an existing Run Control ID.
- Select the Add or Search button. The Authorization Failure Report page will display.
- On the Authorization Failure Report page, in the Parameters section, populate the following fields:
- Academic Institution
- Aid Year - use the Aid Year in which you are processing.
- Term (*Note Ensure this matches the term used in the authorization process)
- Select the Run button. The Process Scheduler Request page will display.
- On the Process Scheduler Request page, ensure the checkbox for the report is selected.
- Select the OK button. The Authorization Failure report page will display.
- From the Authorization Failure Report page, make note of the Process Instance number.
- Select the Process Monitor link. The Process List tab will display.
- On the Process List tab, select the Refresh button until the Run Status = Success and Distribution Status = Posted.
- Select the Go Back to Authorization Failure Rpt link. The Authorization Failure Report page will display.
- On the Authorization Failure Report page, select the Report Manager link. The Report Manager tabs will display.
- From the Administration tab, select the “FA913-Authorization Failure Report.pdf” link. A new window will open with report results.
- The report displays in .pdf format.
- The process to run the authorization failure report is now complete.
Optional: The Authorization Failure Report can be ran as a query and put into an Excel spreadsheet.
Used to work the student list whose aid failed to authorize for disbursement.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Reporting Tools > Query >Query Viewer
- The Query Viewer search page displays. On the search page, enter the Query Name: CTC_FA913.
- Select the Search button. The Search Results will display.
- On the Search Results section, select the Excel link for the chosen query. The query parameters page will display.
- On the query parameters page, enter the Institution.
- Enter the Aid Year.
- Select the View Results button.
- A message should open asking how you want to see the report; i.e., Open, Save, etc.
- Select Open. The Excel file will open. Review as needed and save if applicable.
- The optional process to run the authorization failure report is now complete.
- End of procedures.