Manually Aid Year Activate a Student
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Manually Aid Year Activate a Student in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician.
Before a student can enroll in classes, he or she must be activated in a program and plan and then activated in a term.
You can activate students into academic programs and plans by running the Activate Applications matriculation process, or by manually activating a student through the Student Program/Plan component.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD FA Aid Year Activation
- ZD FA Director
- ZZ FA Aid Year Activation
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Financial Aid > Aid Year Activation > Manage Financial Aid Years
- The Aid Year Activation search page displays. On the search page, enter student ID.
- Select the Search button. The Student Aid Year Activation page will display.
- From the Student Aid Year Activation page, select the [+] button to add a row. Because a student might be attending more than one college, please ensure that you add the new row to your institution. In the example provided below, the student has attended one institution for multiple aid years. In this example, we will add a new row for the current aid year for institution WA171. Because the first three rows are for institution WA172, we select the [+] button on the fourth row. This causes the brand-new fifth row to appear.
- Enter the Institution.
- Enter the Aid Year.
- Select the Save button.
- End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the link to Manually Aid Year Activate a Student. This link will open in a new tab/window.