9.2 Using Requester's Workbench
Purpose: The Requester’s Workbench provides a central workspace for users with the ability to approve, dispatch, cancel, close, review, and update requisitions.
Audience: Purchasing staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Requisition Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Using Requester's Workbench
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Requester’s Workbench
- The Requester’s Workbench Search page displays.
- To add a new Run Control ID;
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter or look up your Business Unit.
- Create a name for the WorkBench ID.
- Select Add.
- Or to find an existing Run Control ID, click on search. Then select the designated Run Control ID.
- The Filter Options page will open.
- The Requester's Workbench Filter Options page displays.
- Use the available fields to customize your search if needed. Leave blank for all values:
- Requisition: Enter Requisition number or Requisition number range
- Requisition Name: Enter or lookup the Requisition Name
- Req, Activity or Due Date: Enter a date or date range.
- Supplier ID: Input or Lookup Supplier ID.
- Item ID: Lookup or input an Item ID.
- Requester: Select the Requester you want to filter the Requisitions by.
- Status: Choose a status or leave blank for all values.
- Sourcing: Use this section to search for requisitions that have been Partially or Fully Sourced.
- Encumbrance: Select the Open Pre-encumbrances check box to search for Requisitions with open pre-encumbrances.
- ChartFields: You can enter multiple ChartField combinations as search criteria.
- Search Criteria:
- Select Search and the system retrieves the selected information that matches the selection criteria and displays it on the Requester's Workbench page.
- The Requester’s Workbench page will open.
- Add a Description.
On the Detail tab select the various items to review a specific requisition number;
- Select the Requisition ID number to access the Requisition inquiry screen and view additional requisition details.
- Select the Doc Status icon for the selected Requisition to access the Requisition Document Status to view related PO’s, receipts, vouchers, and payments.
- Select the Lines button for the selected Requisition to access the Requester's Workbench - Requisition Lines page. Using this page, you can view the lines associated with the Requisition or select individual lines to process the particular action for. You can cancel or close an individual line on a Requisition.
Use the View All option to expand the number of Requisitions listed and/or use the outer, vertical scroll bar if needed to see the entire screen.
Select the Approval tab to review the requisition’s approval status.
- Requisition Status: The requisition status will display and, for requisitions that are in Pending Approval or Approved status, the View Approval routing drop down is available.
- No. of Days Pending will show how many days the requisition has been in pending approval status.
- The Action button availability is based on the user’s User Preferences - Procurement - Requisition Authorization settings.
- Approve: Click this button to change the status of the selected Requisitions to Approved.
- Unapprove: Click this button to change the status of the selected Requisitions to Open.
- Cancel: Click to cancel the selected Requisitions.
- Close: Select to close the selected Requisitions from further processing.
- Budget Check: Click to initiate the budget check process for the selected Requisitions. When you click the Budget Check button, the Processing Results page appears. Use this page to review the selected Requisitions and select to proceed with the budget check process.
- Budget Pre-Check: Click to check the budget only. This button enables you to check whether a budget exists for a Requisition before the amount is committed to the pre-encumbrance and makes it possible to validate documents in work-in-progress mode without affecting budget balances. The statuses of Provisionally Valid or Error on the transaction pages indicate whether a budget is available.
The Go To hyperlink options located at the bottom of the screen, provide access to the following:
- Set filter options: Click to return to the Requester's Workbench - Filter Options page to modify the search parameters.
- View Processing Results: Click to access the Requester's Workbench - Processing Results page, where you can view the results of the actions that you have performed.
- Select Save to save the search criteria that generated the list of Requisitions on the Requester's Wrokbench page.
- Process complete.