9.2 Run Create HCA Avg Cost Paysheets
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for using the custom process “Create HCA Avg Cost Paysheets” in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrators.
Note: This process can only be run if Paysheets have been created for a given Payroll period, and at least one Payroll calculation or pre-calculation has been run.
It will not work for a specific Payroll if it has already been confirmed for a period.
As a result of running this process, any person who has a Benefit Program of SB1 and HR Active/Payroll Inactive, but who did not have a paysheet (ex. Faculty members on Short Work Break), will now have a paysheet generated with all employer contributions (Nontaxable Benefit) that will pass through the payroll process. The paycheck itself will have 0 Net Pay.
The Nontaxable Benefit deduction HCA Average Cost will only generate on an A Payroll.
Deductions which are not reliant on a calculation that represents a portion of the employees pay (ex. Health deduction, HSA deduction, etc.) will also be generated and enter into the Arrears table if there is no Pre-Pay set up for that employee for the period of time in which they are not being paid.
The intention of this custom process is that it will be run every payroll to make sure all employer contributions are paid regardless of employee circumstance.
Create HCA Avg Cost Paysheets
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Payroll for North America > CTC Custom > CTC Processes > Create HCA Avg Cost Paysheets
Please see Payroll Checklist QRG for the exact step order this process needs to run.
- The Create HCA Avg Cost Paysheets search page displays.
- Enter existing Run Control ID or select Add a New Value tab.
- Select the Search or Add button.
- The Create HCA Average Cost Paysheets displays.
- Enter a Company using the lookup.
- Enter a Pay Period End Date using the lookup.
- Only Pay Period End Dates that have been activated in Payroll will be available in this lookup.
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select the OK button.
- The Create HCA Average Cost Paysheets page displays.
- Select the Process Monitor link to wait for the process CTC_HCAAC_AE to show Run Status of Success and Distribution Status of Posted.
- Examine the log to see who was affected by the run of this process.
- The process to run the create HCA avg cost paysheets is now complete.
- End of procedure.